Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fred Thompson's Website People Are Studying Paul's 'Net Success

Yeah, nevermind.

No point trying to win over Thompson supporters by spreading the Ron Paul message on their turf. The media will do that for us when they start releasing details about him.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    '76, I think you're right on the money when it comes to Ron needing to point out Fred's record. This will haunt him in the end.

This race is still going to come down to national security in the end. That's why I do not see a Democrat winning. You'll be left with the crowd that understands the true implications of the Patriot Act and preventative war (us), and the scared-sh$$less neocon voters who think any withdrawal from the Midlle East means the entire West as we know it will instantly disappear. I think that's how Fred will play it. The domestic issues will be out of the window for the neocons...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJLauderdale4 View Post
    '76, I think you're right on the money when it comes to Ron needing to point out Fred's record. This will haunt him in the end.
    Exactly, but we must never forget that we are Ron Paul's media machine. Even if Dr. Paul comes out and says something, the word is not going to trickle down to the average Fredhead unless we give it to 'em.

This race is still going to come down to national security in the end. That's why I do not see a Democrat winning. You'll be left with the crowd that understands the true implications of the Patriot Act and preventative war (us), and the scared-sh$$less neocon voters who think any withdrawal from the Midlle East means the entire West as we know it will instantly disappear. I think that's how Fred will play it. The domestic issues will be out of the window for the neocons...
    You may be right, but I'm concerned than equally disastrous possibility is that Fred gets the nomination, then loses to Hillary Clinton on the war issue.

Quote Originally Posted by X_805 View Post
    Manufactured internet grassroots...

I'm really starting to dislike how fake he seems...
    I've been saying that for a long time. When I was exlporing Fred as a candidate, I posted a question on the Fred Boards, and was amazed at how fast it disappeared.

After lurking there a little longer, I grew to suspect it wasn't just "a guy with a Fred forum."

I still do.

Who's with Fred?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of '76 View Post
    Unless we go to Fred's supporters and explain that and provide evidence, it doesn't mean jack, and Fred rides right into the nomination on Dr. Paul's coattails.
    Fred is being looked to as the "savior" of the Republican party, the man to rescue the Republicans from the wilderness. Talk radio is buzzing with the concept of his candidacy, and you have to imagine there's some machinery behind that. One big thing which we have to overcome is the fact that alot of the Republican electorate is happy to just have their opinions handed to them by talk radio. That's how conservatism got warped into neo-conservatism in the first place. But, Fred is a flip-flopper on abortion and amnesty, and I think once that's exposed by other candidates support for him will decline.

As the war continues to sour (wait until the surge deadline passes) I think Ron's anti-war edge will dramatically strengthen him. Whatever Bush decides to do after September, I think it will help Ron Paul. The number one reason Ron Paul only polls at 2%, in my opinion, is because a large number of Republicans do not want to rethink the War on Terror. As much as many of them now dislike Bush, they are still convinced the Bush/neo-con approach to the WoT is the only way. But with each passing month it becomes more and more apparent that this approach is not working. Only Ron Paul offers any change in course.

Not to mention Iran - I'm very worried we will be involved in a ground war in Iran before the 2008 election. But I think if we end up fighting two wars at once (Iran/Iraq), there will be an anti-war surge across the country like you wouldn't believe, and again, Ron Paul benefits.

Meanwhile, I think convincing the masses of the error of the neo-con approach is really the only way we will get widespread support among Republicans. There is, unfortunately, a sizable chunk of Republicans who can't, at this time, consider changing the approach of the War on Terror.

I think we will also be well-served by getting large numbers of non-Republican independents and even Democrats who are unhappy with their own top-tier candidates to register Republican and come onboard with Ron Paul.

It's just not going to work. No other candidate stirs passion in the supporters. Our grassroots are filled with activists, passionate patriots, and the internet savvy. Fred's supporters are soccer moms and NASCAR dads. They're not the internet types.
    Come see my website
    www.tingomedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by njandrewg View Post
    Ron Paul has the buzz because of his message which motivates people. Thompson's message is his worst nightmare.
    Exactly. People can mimic all they want. It's Paul's MESSAGE that brings all of us together. Period. They can't mimic that.

Republican Mess

I love it...

The Republicans are fighting each other over who is their frontrunner...

A Pro-abortion, Open Borders, Gun Grabbing, Globalist New York Liberal (Rudy)
    or
    A scairdy-cat (sp?) drip who is not even running. (FT)

But does it really matter?
    The Republicans have ZERO chance of winning a general election with a Pro Iraq War candidate....Period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12