Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Des Moines Challenge - Saturday June 30th! Rally outside Iowa Forum!

The Des Moines Challenge - Saturday June 30th! Rally outside Iowa Forum!

As much as I hate that drive accross Nebraska, I'll be there if 99 others will join me! (And I know others from Denver will come with me)

It's a Saturday people LETS DO IT! June 30th at the Presidential Candidates Forum!
    Lets show our Brothers & Sisters in Iowa that we've got their back!

There are AT LEAST 2000 Ron Paul MeetUp Members within a Six Hour Drive of Des Moines.

3Hour Drive: Kansas City Area Ron Paul Support Team (Overland Park, KSus; 201 members) 38.99-94.68

5Hour Drive: The Greater Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Chicago, ILus; 241 members) 41.89-87.63

3.5Hour Drive: The Minnesota Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Saint Paul, MNus; 138 members) 44.96-93.2

2Hour Drive: The Omaha Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Omaha, NEus; 52 members) 41.26-95.93

3Hour Drive: The Lincoln Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Lincoln, NEus; 31 members) 40.82-96.78

Des Moines Area & Central Iowa Ron Paul 2008 Support Group (Des Moines, IAus; 58 members) 41.6-93.68

4.5Hours Drive: Columbia, MO: Ron Paul 2008 Meetup (Columbia, MOus; 26 members) 38.93-92.37

2Hour Drive: The Cedar Rapids Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Cedar Rapids, IAus; 26 members) 42.02-91.67

2.5Hour Drive: The Greater Quad City Area Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Davenport, IAus; 26 members) 41.56-90.54

6Hour Drive: The Greater Saint Louis Area Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Saint Louis, MOus; 81 members) 38.66-90.32

4Hour Drive: The Topeka Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Topeka, KSus; 15 members) 39.04-95.73

9Hour Drive: The Denver Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Denver, COus; 110 members) 39.76-104.91

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice idea. Are you refering to the presidential candidate forum on June 30th?

I'm coming from Houston for it (15 hours)

Post here if you want to carpool from Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Topeka, or Kansas City: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3707

2 Down, 98 to go.

That's the One!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Nice idea. Are you refering to the presidential candidate forum on June 30th?

I'm coming from Houston for it (15 hours): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3707

2 Down, 98 to go.
    Wow, Texans even like their Trips "big"...

Sounds like Ron Paul will not be there after listening to Mr. Failor on WHO radio.

Let's do this. Everyone make a road trip this weekend.

Sounds like Ron Paul will not be there after listening to Mr. Failor on WHO radio.

Let's do this.

Yeah, still important to show up if you can. Try to ask really damaging questions too like "How in God's name do you plan on reducing the tax burden by nuking Iran, Mr. Hunter?"
    "I'd rather be alive and free." Rep. Ron Paul, June 13, 2007 to Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report.

Quote Originally Posted by beermotor View Post
    Yeah, still important to show up if you can. Try to ask really damaging questions too like "How in God's name do you plan on reducing the tax burden by nuking Iran, Mr. Hunter?"
    I'll probably just hold a few Ron Paul signs and chant with the rest of the group.

Everyone needs to make the trip this weekend. Do it for your country. Do it as a patriot.

Working on a group from Minnesota.
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Let's do this. Everyone make a road trip this weekend.
    Mr. Failor is not the only chief running the show. This Christian guy has gone underground, it sounds, but someone said he was a Buchanan supporter. Anyone know how to get to Buchanan (RP supporter) on this?

There will be at least one carload from MN next weekend -- we are talking next weekend, the 30th, not this weekend, right Josh?

I just created a meetup event for the Quad City group.

You got one of us anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler de Stebbing View Post
    Mr. Failor is not the only chief running the show. This Christian guy has gone underground, it sounds, but someone said he was a Buchanan supporter. Anyone know how to get to Buchanan (RP supporter) on this?

There will be at least one carload from MN next weekend -- we are talking next weekend, the 30th, not this weekend, right Josh?
    Correct, the 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I just created a meetup event for the Quad City group.

You got one of us anyway.
    Thanks! Confirmed my attendance.

If anyone's into 80's hair bands, there is a great event going on - Waterstock Rock - that day in Des Moines. I attend every year and it's quite a good time. Ron Paul all day and party all night.

Be sure to reserve your seat to the Presidential Forum if you plan on attending. If Ron Paul is finally invited, you'll get to see and support him. If he doesn't get invited, the building will be half empty.

http://www.taxrelief.org/presidential_forum.htm

Planning on making the trip from Cincinnati. Anyone along the way interested in joining me?

Quote Originally Posted by scbissler View Post
    Planning on making the trip from Cincinnati. Anyone along the way interested in joining me?
    Awesome. Looks like Indianapolis is along the way.

Maybe see if any of the 118 members in their meetup would like to go show support.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/90/?gj=sj6

Might make it not sure yet!

Everyone should try and go!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's even More Important to be there if RP is NOT

What could be more powerful than video footage of hundreds of RP supporters at this event who drove for hours to make a statement.

Sponsor Contact Info

Co-Sponsored by:

FairTax.org

Krishna Engineering Consultants Inc
    1454 30th St
    West Des Moines IA 50266-1305
    Phone: 515-224-6300

Light Expressions by Shaw
    930 E. River Dr
    Davenport, IA 52803
    Phone: 563-323-3611
    http://www.lightexpressions.com/

Be sure to call and express your gratitude for their sponsorship. Especially you Iowans. Always be courteous and respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by denvervoipguru View Post
    What could be more powerful than video footage of hundreds of RP supporters at this event who drove for hours to make a statement.
    Or they might just think 1000 Iowan RP supporters were mad enough to come out, and they'll wonder why they haven't shown up in the polls.

We should decide where to meet and when on Sat. A block or two away where there is decent parking would be good. Someone who knows the area, let us know where would work. What time, noon? Forum starts at one. Earlier?

You guys have my best wishes! I'd be there in a heartbeat if it wasn't farther than my car is probably even capable of going

aghhhhh, I wish I did not live in Dixie next week!

I'm just sitting here, wishing Connecticut was right next to Iowa so I could go.

I just recieved an email stating that even if only 25% of those that sent an email to the Des Moine event sponsor shows - that puts us at 2,000 protesters.

100% showing would be 8,000.

I hope 8,000 of us don't show up. I couldn't stand to see so many witness my tears of joy.

Quote Originally Posted by austin356 View Post
    aghhhhh, I wish I did not live in Dixie next week!

If you make it to Houston, you can hop in my ride for the rest of the way.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you make it to Houston, you can hop in my ride for the rest of the way.

I will be in this Houston Sat. but am leaving Sun......

I am going to Houston to make some $$$$. [admin edit: Whatever you do to make money is fine. Just please do not discuss those activities on the forums. Thanks.]

Should I not be doing such?
    Last edited by austin356; 06-21-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Cool

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ev..._rally_in_Iowa

Everyone that can go should register at the eventful site as well, it is being advertised pretty well right now on blogs and forums. This might help give the people that are a little timid to show up a push to go! Also, the meetup.com group: "Des Moines Area & Central Iowa Ron Paul 2008 Support Group" has 70 members, if you are a part of this group you should contact all of them and the ones that are going to register with eventful! Josh, I believe, even though you are in TX you are a member of that group.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty; when the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Ron Paul Supporters!!!

MAN!!
    I'm in South Florida. I can't make that 20+ hour drive....

Just remember: Based on the WHO interview, Failure has painted us out to be a bunch of fringe kooks who threaten women and children.

Show up proud, show up clean, and show up positive for Ron Paul!!

Come up with some positive chants, nothing negative.

And most of all, someone bring DVR it and have it on YouTube for all to see (naturally)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler de Stebbing View Post
    Or they might just think 1000 Iowan RP supporters were mad enough to come out, and they'll wonder why they haven't shown up in the polls.

We should decide where to meet and when on Sat. A block or two away where there is decent parking would be good. Someone who knows the area, let us know where would work. What time, noon? Forum starts at one. Earlier?
    Bwah! I like your thinking Scribbler. Question? Have you been or know of other people checking other forums and Ron Paul sites for others planning the same thing? Is there any kind of coordination effort througout the communities? Just asking because of the discussion on if there needs to be a centralized place for all the communities to check in for things like the Iowa rally. I'm not sold it is even necessary yet but just curious if coordination is going on anyways, organically.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Bwah! I like your thinking Scribbler. Question? Have you been or know of other people checking other forums and Ron Paul sites for others planning the same thing? Is there any kind of coordination effort througout the communities? Just asking because of the discussion on if there needs to be a centralized place for all the communities to check in for things like the Iowa rally. I'm not sold it is even necessary yet but just curious if coordination is going on anyways, organically.

There are enough people that cross back and forth between the many online forums that the information gets passed and organically organized using online tools like meetup and eventful.
    Good sociological study too.

Quote Originally Posted by CJLauderdale4 View Post
    Just remember: Based on the WHO interview, Failure has painted us out to be a bunch of fringe kooks who threaten women and children.

Show up proud, show up clean, and show up positive for Ron Paul!!
    Yeah, leave the dope at home.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast