Thread: Shoe Leather is the Secret

Shoe Leather is the Secret

Today I decided to go through a local gun show from one end to the other (a relatively small show) and talk to every last person I could about Ron Paul.
    I had to be realistic because I have bad ankles to begin with, so I needed a very short pitch and approached each group asking them if they knew what all the Republican presidential candidates except one had in common with Hillary Clinton.
    That got their attention as you can count on every last person at a gun show hating Hitlery Clinton's guts and bristling at the mere mention of her name (they'd really like to linch her), so they were all paying attention when I said "They are all anti-gun and have the voting records to prove it".
    I should have taken a camera to get pictures of the looks on those faces! They took those RP cards like they were free credit cards, 99% of the time.
    Only two or three guys gave me the silly Ron Paul can't win comeback and were visibly impressed when I told them how the Las Vegas odds makers disagree with them strongly.
    Only one guy said "I wouldn't vote for RP because he can't win". I didn't think of it till later but realized the perfect comeback would have been, "which gun grabbing traitor will you be voting for then?"
    Anyhow, only six or eight people in the whole show recognized RP's name, which means folks WE ARE NOT DOING THE JOB!!!
    All it takes is time, a few cheap cards/handouts and shoe leather. This election can be won if we simply approach enough people in a short enough time. Period. You don't have to convince anybody. Just hit the right hot button, hand them literature that will lead them to the answer and go on to the next warm body. Don't waste time arguing with anybody because you could be spending that time reaching 50 more people. It's only a question of numbers. Or as door-to-door salesmen will tell you, its simply a matter of how many doors you knock on. Knock on enough doors you'll make a sale.
    The big plus with Ron Paul is that a very large percentage of the doors you knock on are receptive because they either hate Hillary, OR they hate the war she's already said she won't end for years. IT'S A SLAM DUNK. Taking candy from babies is considerably more difficult!!!!!
    I'm certain I convinced a lot of people at that show to look at Ron Paul and to be untrusting of the other Republican candidates.
    Last edited by davidkachel; 10-13-2007 at 09:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    Over my head.
    What is over your head?

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    "shoe leather"
    An old expression common among salesmen. Use up enough shoe leather and you get the job done. In other words just walk around a lot talking to people.

Great work David!

One benefit of doing this, is that it creates new recruits who may very well follow your example.

David, great story, and great job!

Excellent points! Our success WILL BE proportional to how many people we talk to.

"I do not believe that ideas have an expiration date"

http://RonPaulIsHope.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Great Job!

BRAVO!

May I suggest that you format this nicely in a pdf file and get it out to all the meetup groups. This is a great easy to follow strategy with a very low rejection factor, therefore it would be great for people who are timid about face to face encounters to get their feet wet.

It just occurred to me that a similar technique could be used with liberal groups.

"Do you know that all democrat candidates hold the same views on government as George Bush. They all ignore the constitution and that is what got us into this Iraq mess. As a matter of fact all republicans ignore the constitution also. All except one. Ron Paul. I switched parties just so I could vote for him in the primary's. Here is a flyer about him. Google him, his name is easy to remember. Thanks!, Bye"

Outstanding!
    Nick Egoroff
    Orlando Ron Paul Meetup Organizer
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/184/

This thread sparked my dailypaul entry, so full thanks to the originator

http://dailypaul.com/node/3431

Here is a flyer you can download and use at gun shows, so far I've received a warm reception by using these.

Download here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3wwn49

Has Gun Will Revolt