Thread: MOST IMPORTANT piece of information you need to know - to get Ron Paul elected

MOST IMPORTANT piece of information you need to know - to get Ron Paul elected

I only want to type this once, and this is the MOST IMPORTANT piece of information you need to know about getting Ron Paul the Republican nomination.

Do you know that it is possible for Ron Paul to win the majority of primaries and caucuses and still not get the nomination? Don't believe it? Well, it's true. Very true, and this is what most people don't know. Most Republicans don't even know this. Do you really think the establishment wants Ron Paul as the Republican nominee even if a majority of Republican voters says so? Of course not! THEY KNOW HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS, the average voter doesn't. This is how it works:

The nominee is actually voted on at the National Convention by delegates from every state plus territories. You would think that those delegates are voting based upon the way the state's primary or caucus voted, right? Well, not exactly. Those delegates are supposed to be apportioned or appointed based upon the vote, but that's really not the way it works. Being a delegate to the National Convention is more a perk of being an active party member, rather than being pledged to a candidate. Most delegates just do as they are told and have fun at the convention. Some have an agenda and will vote for their guy REGARDLESS of what the state says. This hasn't been an issue since Barry Goldwater back in 1964. I have a bad feeling that it will happen again in 2008. So here's what we have to do.

First, REGISTER AS A REPUBLICAN by October 31, 2007. You can do it by mail, but if you really don't feel secure doing it that way, go to your county courthouse and do it in person.

Second, GO TO YOUR PRECINCT MEETING AND VOLUNTEER FOR ANY POSITION AVAILABLE IN YOUR PRECINCT. The precinct meetings usually occur in early February. Your county's GOP website will contain the information. Or, better yet, CALL your county's GOP HQ and say you are a Republican interested in getting involved in the party. Do NOT mention Ron Paul when talking to your county's party leadership.

Third, find other Ron Paul Republicans at your precinct meetings. I'd suggest wearing RP clothing, stickers, etc. The goal is to have more of us than them. You want to galvanize support behind a few people willing to be delegates to State, District, and National. Get everyone's information and create a slate of delegates to National to be submitted at your congressional district's convention.

Fourth, if you attend your precinct meeting, you are usually automatically a delegate to the County and the Congressional District Conventions. 3 National delegates are voted on at the Congressional Conventions. Again, ifwe have more votes than the "establishment", WE GO TO MINNESOTA!

Fifth, attend BOTH CONVENTIONS and vote for the RON PAUL DELEGATES.

Sixth, VOTE RON PAUL IN THE PRIMARY!!!Seventh, if you are able to, attend the State Convention. Most times, there aren't enough people at county convention to fill a slate of delegates to the State Convention. That means ALL county delegates can go to the State
    Convention. If we dominate counties, WE WILL DOMINATE STATE, and we can get the AT-LARGE delegates decided at the State Convention too. Now, if we get lucky and get our delegates to Minnesota, this is what we HAVE to do, vote for a proportioned slate. We get 69 delegates. If Fred Thompson gets 50%, he gets 35 votes, on the first ballot. If the nominee is not decided on the first ballot, our delegates are free to vote for anyone.

This is the way it works in most states.You can see though, why it is important not only to register and vote, but to get to the conventions to send Ron Paul delegates to State and National. Any other questions, please contact knelsud92 at yahoo dot com.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great info.

You are right, this needs to happen.

Of course i knew all about it *Pats own back*

I second the sticky notion.

Sticky motion denied.

Why?

Because Lord Xar already posted this exact same thing hours ago. It was combined with an older Delegates thread, moved to RPN&D, and stuck.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure." - Robert LeFevre

I think this should be put in Lord Xar's thread. This is a good step by step list in what to do to become a delegate that all RP supporters can use. It would avoid any questions. We need to move on this thing, now.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the wording was word for word the same, but I think you should move it from page 2 to the top of page 1 so everyone can see it.
    Last edited by Alien11; 09-04-2007 at 03:12 AM.

I would if I could, but I can't.

when I merge threads, posts get mixed in by the order they were originally posted.

hoever, if you don't like having to skip through page after page of posts, there's a handy feature in your options (click quicklinks at the top of the page and then click edit options) which you can change to where you see 40 posts per page.

i use the 30pp option. it's nice.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure." - Robert LeFevre

Is there word on whether anybody had already started working on this stuff?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.