Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Love Calling Texans...

I Love Calling Texans...

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-19-2016 at 09:12 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds good to me, might want to include something like never voted for gun control, is against illegal immigration, and never voted to raise taxes.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-19-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Your script is excellent, but I agree with noxagol, that you should add a blurb about no gun control, no illegal immigration and his perfect voting history on taxes.

Ron Paul has a 20 year record of voting against ALL unconstitutional legislation, including voting no on gun restrictions, illegal immigration and taxes.

Note: Your version is better, but I really think you should add something about illegal immigration. We are frickin' invaded here.

If you have to leave off something, I would suggest the 'Champion of the Constitution' part, because you already say he votes against all unconstitutional legislation.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-20-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: word change

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    My second draft...
    Hello, this is --namehere--. I am a volunteer calling on behalf of Congressman Ron Paul's presidential campaign. Our records show that you are eligible to vote in the first ever Texas Straw Poll on September 1st. Many true conservatives feel that the Republican party has lost it's way and that is why we have become united in supporting Dr. Ron Paul for president. Ron Paul is the champion of the constitution and has a 20 year record of voting against ALL tax increases, ALL gun restrictions and ALL unconstitutional laws. If you want to support a candidate that intends to reinstate the Constitution, please consider voting for Congressman Ron Paul in the Texas Straw Poll on September 1st. For more information on how you can help, please call his office at 1.866.766.2008.
    Yeah. Might even want to switch taxes out for illegal immigration, seems like it would be a bigger issue to Texans.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Makes it a bit longer but more complete...

If you want to support a candidate that intends to reinstate the Constitution, secure our borders, and enforce sound economic policy, please consider voting for Congressman Ron Paul in the Texas Straw Poll on September 1st. For more information on how you can help, please call his office at 1.866.766.2008

It's very difficult to cram the message of Dr. Paul into a 30 second blurb. Kudos!
    Home is where my brothers lie. I stop and kneel at Arlington. You can go around if you like.

How about:

Hello, this is --namehere--. I am a volunteer calling on behalf of Congressman Ron Paul's presidential campaign. Our records show that you are eligible to vote in the first ever Texas Straw Poll on September 1st. Many true conservatives feel that the Republican party has lost it's way and that is why we have become united in supporting Dr. Ron Paul for president. Ron Paul is the champion of the constitution and has a 20 year record of voting against ALL tax increases, ALL gun restrictions, and ALL unconstitutional laws, and is tough on illegal immigration. If you want to support a candidate that intends to reinstate the Constitution, please consider voting for Congressman Ron Paul in the Texas Straw Poll on September 1st. For more information on how you can help, please call his office at 1.866.766.2008.

Yep, ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is THE issue for 2008.

Tonight on the way home from work I heard Michael Savage talking about how we need to get rid of the 14th Amendment...Birthright citizenship. I think that if we could let other people know that this is what Ron Paul proposes, it would go a LONG, LONG way.

Now if some of the other copycat candidates don't try to steal it from him...

Maybe mention that he is a sitting Congressman from Texas.

Isnt texas recieving the brunt of this NAFTA super corridor, in Laredo.

I would also say he is against NAFTA, CAFTA and doesnt want a North American Union. Texans are losing there land under eminent domain been going on since last year.

side note: Bush just met today with Mexico prez and Canadian PM today in Ontario.
    Last edited by American; 08-20-2007 at 07:59 PM.

Also mention he wants to eliminate income tax, abolish the IRS and reduce wasteful government spending. I think that's something all Americans whether they lean right or left can appreciate.

maybe you should state that Paul is a congressman representing Texas and say the district he is representing. That way they know he is from their own state.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Isnt texas recieving the brunt of this NAFTA super corridor, in Laredo.

I would also say he is against NAFTA, CAFTA and doesnt want a North American Union. Texans are losing there land under eminent domain been going on since last year.

side note: Bush just met today with Mexico prez and Canadian PM today in Ontario.
    In some areas, the whole Trans Texas Corridor thing is very big, but I'm not sure everyone understands what this is going to mean, yet.

Another way to get at it, is to say that Dr. Paul is a strong advocate of private property rights. That would be a siren to anyone whose land is slated to be stolen for this thing. But I guess, we should keep in mind that we are calling delegates, not just everyone. Maybe it's best to address this if and when we're actually talking to them, so we can play it by ear.

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-19-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noxagol View Post
    How about:

Hello, this is --namehere--. I am a volunteer calling on behalf of TEXAS Congressman Ron Paul's presidential campaign. Our records show that you are eligible to vote in the first ever Texas Straw Poll on September 1st. Many true conservatives feel that the Republican party has lost it's way and that is why we have become united in supporting Dr. Ron Paul for president. Ron Paul is the champion of the constitution and has a 20 year record of voting against ALL tax increases, ALL gun restrictions, and ALL unconstitutional laws, and is tough on illegal immigration. If you want to support a candidate that intends to reinstate the Constitution, please consider voting for Congressman Ron Paul in the Texas Straw Poll on September 1st. For more information on how you can help, please call his office at 1.866.766.2008.
    Added my forty-two cents.

(The joke there is that what two cents would buy in 1912, the last year free of the federal reserve, it would take .42 cents to buy today, at least according to the CPI, although CPI is not an accurate indicator of real inflation.)
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure." - Robert LeFevre

The only part I don't like is the "and that is why we have become united in supporting" line. It sounds like something I'd stumble over if I tried to say it. lol.

sound really familiar with the person on the answering machine script.

be assumptive, they were waiting to hear from you (not really).

hey -first name- this is -first and last name-, I'm volunteering for Ron Paul's texas -voter campaign name-,
    and wanted to let you know that you are eligable to participate in the first straw poll of Texas history.

Here is your chance to influence the state party's future for next half century to come. That's why I'd like to
    encourage you to to look up Texas Representative Ron Paul at his official website RonPaul2008.com, or call
    the office today at 1.866.766.2008 and find out how you can get involved.

::and for style points though it'd be hard to say w/ a straight face::

hope for america, be a part of it.

disconnect.
    Last edited by constituent; 08-20-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

"end birthright citizenship to children of illegal aliens"

This sounds too weak. How about END illegal immigration. Or, secure our borders.

Unhappy

Ya know......

I'm one of those people that has two rules to follow:

1. I will do what I say I will do.
    2. I will not encroach on other people or their property.

Well, I confess, that I really think I need to back out of the Texas calling effort. The calls I made were duplicates, and I got one guy pretty peeved at me.

I am NOT a phone person. I am MUCH happier writing on forums, sending email letters to editors, or arguing with Townhall bloggers.

Can I renege on my phone calls? Will I rot in hell?

I feel so guilty....

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    sound really familiar with the person on the answering machine script.

be assumptive, they were waiting to hear from you (not really).

hey -first name- this is -first and last name-, I'm volunteering for Ron Paul's texas -voter campaign name-,
    and wanted to let you know that you are eligable to participate in the first straw poll of Texas history.

Here is your chance to influence the state party's future for next half century to come. That's why I'd like to encourage your to to look up Texas Representative Ron Paul at his official website RonPaul2008.com, or call the office today at 1.866.766.2008 and find out how you can get involved.

::and for style points though it'd be hard to say w/ a straight face::

hope for america, be a part of it.

disconnect.
    The cheesey we're buddies approach might be alright for telemarketing, but aren't you trying to project a somewhat professional image here?

And you have to list a couple of RP's stances, or most people won't care enough to bother looking him up.

you have to remember on answering machine scripts that you are essentially a radio advert, but much more personal.

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    The cheesey we're buddies approach might be alright for telemarketing, but aren't you trying to project a somewhat professional image here?

And you have to list a couple of RP's stances, or most people won't care enough to bother looking him up.
    I agree.

mcdermit

you might think that, but you'd be wrong.

you are telemarketing... it's a numbers game.

Only question I have is can you say you are calling on behalf of the RP for President comittee if you are doing it "grassroots" (i.e. on your own)?

Not trying to rain on your parade, what you are doing is GREAT, just want to avoid any FEC troubles for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast