Thread: Meet the Chair of the Council of Economic Advisors

Meet the Chair of the Council of Economic Advisors

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/st...72981058220187

Galt's Gulch, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stein...

JFC...I thought The Chosen Ones were smarter than the average bear.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

That clip was so bad you'd think it came straight out of some comedy skit.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It's as if they don't even care about keeping up appearances any more.

They don't call it Clown World for nuthin'.

The initial question made me think of Bill Still.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/st...72981058220187

Galt's Gulch, anyone?
    I think AOC's degree is in economics. Seriously.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

oh ... my ... god ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    It's as if they don't even care about keeping up appearances any more.
    well, I do, and my local PBS still shows it.

"When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy . That was worse than I thought it would be.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/s...74099027181824

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This is Jarod Bernstein. He is the Chair of the President's Economic Advisors. If Jarod left the room, his actual empty chair would be a more intelligent advisor.
    //

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Stein...

JFC...I thought The Chosen Ones were smarter than the average bear.
    It's not that he doesn't know, it's that he can't say it on the record. What's he going to say? "Well, you see, bankers took over the money system 100 years ago with the goal of stripping the country of its wealth and it's done through loaning you your own money with interest, so that you can never pay it back."

Sometimes it's smarter to look like a clueless fool than to admit inconvenient truths....if that person is trying to keep that truth concealed.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-05-2024 at 01:10 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I somehow missed this thread before posting this in the Clown World thread, but he is a special talent and deserved to be forever recognized for his great contributions to Clown World. It takes a village populated by village idiots, and he's the Chair.

Here's this guy's confirmation hearing... Doesn't get any better there...

12-11 party line confirmation vote.

Sen. Kennedy starts at 1:12:48.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I somehow missed this thread before posting this in the Clown World thread, but he is a special talent and deserved to be forever recognized for his great contributions to Clown World. It takes a village populated by village idiots, and he's the Chair.
    The only mistake is that this wasn't already cross-posted to the Clown Show thread.

As I said over there, it's a short-list contender for thread winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The only mistake is that this wasn't already cross-posted to the Clown Show thread.

As I said over there, it's a short-list contender for thread winner.
    I'm pretty jaded about corruption, ineptitude, flat out evil, etc in government, but that was actually terrifying. In the past they usually were able to double talk a bit so their load of BS sounded somewhat articulate. I'm not exaggerating, almost line for line, I don't think Mike Judge could have written that any better for Idiocracy. It makes me wonder if the collapse is pretty close if they don't even bother to BS.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pretty jaded about corruption, ineptitude, flat out evil, etc in government, but that was actually terrifying. In the past they usually were able to double talk a bit so their load of BS sounded somewhat articulate. I'm not exaggerating, almost line for line, I don't think Mike Judge could have written that any better for Idiocracy. It makes me wonder if the collapse is pretty close if they don't even bother to BS.
    That's one explanation. Another is, all these people bleating, "The Constitution must be worthless because it didn't put a stop to this" are just part of the psyop. Blame all this on the Constitution so people will be ready to discard it in favor of their preferred flavor of totalitarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Here's this guy's confirmation hearing... Doesn't get any better there...

12-11 party line confirmation vote.

Sen. Kennedy starts at 1:12:48.
    How they did even confirm a Economic advisor without a Economic degree?

I know, right?

I mean, the shuck-and-jive is entirely to be expected - but at least it's supposed to come with veneer of "we are Very Smart PeopleTM and we know what we're doing" slathered all over it.

But this is just ... yikes!! WTAF?!

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorLiberty View Post
    How they did even confirm a Economic advisor without a Economic degree?
    When you're deliberately destroying the currency, both to transfer all the nation's wealth to the rich, and to eliminate cash, that's the only kind to have. Anyone else has no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    ... yikes!! WTAF?!
    For a psyop which couldn't possibly be designed to install Trump as Big Brother there sure are a lot of things going on that appear to be designed specifically to make Trump look comparatively good.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-05-2024 at 03:01 PM.

Meanwhile, the Chair of the Fed says...

https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/s...64533616353771

How does it make the rich richer and the poor poorer?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Holy . That was worse than I thought it would be.
    I felt the same exact way.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Lightbulb Biden's Economic Adviser Tries and Fails To Explain How Money Works

Jared Bernstein reboots on camera while trying to explain how the Fed puts money into the economy.

What he seems not to understand is that the Fed is not the government. The Fed buys bonds from the government and this increases the supply of money because the Fed has the monopoly from the US Congress to just print money. When the Fed wants to contract the money supply, they sell bonds (to the open market). While the purchases of government bonds are done "on the open market", it's just a charade... the Fed's purchases ensure that the government will be able to sell all the bonds it wants to sell. The Fed makes the demand for US government bonds effectively equal to infinity. "Interest-rate targeting" is just a charade since if the government wants to sell more bonds, it can just call up the Fed and ask them to lower the interest rate and buy more bonds, which the Fed will happily do. It's just a very elaborate shell-game.

Oooo ya boy print dat monayyyyy...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28