Thread: Civil War (2024)

Civil War (2024)

Looks like it is debuting today.

https://rumble.com/embed/v4m5ta2/?pub=2w957
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Is Captain America in this one as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty_Tree View Post
    Is Captain America in this one as well?
    No.

*SPOILER ALERT*

They assassinate the President in the end, and nobody is upset about it.

Just got back from seeing it. Mostly saw it for research purposes, not entertainment value. Not bad I guess..

The movie takes place probably about 20 years in the future. The older woman became famous getting some photos at "The Great Antifa Massacre" when she was in her mid-20s.

They try not to make it a "partisan" film, hence the map below, Texas and California uniting in one faction.

It does try to be a sort of warning against actually having a Civil War, it doesn't glorify anything. The President tries to make some patriotic speeches, carrying out the "Founding Father's vision", etc, etc.. nobody seems impressed.

Last edited by dannno; 04-11-2024 at 09:48 PM.

^^ That's the old map.. They updated it for the movie.

Tim Pool discussed it tonight on his show, and he is right. I knew I had a bad feeling about the movie even though it claims to be "non-partisan".

The President is obviously being depicted as a Trump or a "Trumper".. The say that he treats the press the same as the enemy.. He disbanded the FBI and is in his third term.. The Director said he was "fascist" and apparently the Director is from the UK, lol..

In the updated map, instead of the Western Forces, the PNW is depicted as "The New People's Army" and they are called "Maoists" in the film, so apparently China took over that area.. California and Texas end up uniting as the "Western Forces" who end up taking out the fascist leader of DC and the loyalist states.

Full discussion:

Civil War - Sound And Fury, Signifying Nothing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-M-fSvtQxk
    {The Critical Drinker | 15 April 2024}

Well, talk about disappointment. I'd hoped Alex Garland's new thriller would have given us a gripping story filled with interesting characters, but instead what we got was a bland, empty collection of scenes with no strong story to tie them together. What a wasted opportunity.

The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Civil War: More Like Civil BORE!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARZ0GwWk_w
    {Nerdrotic | 16 April 2024}

A speculative fiction film about a modern American Civil War where the hardest thing to believe was journalists as heroes.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    I saw it. Also for research purposes, not entertainment value... which was a good thing, as the entertainment value was very low.

The research value was low too, however.

Some spoilers...

I thought the best part was framing the war around photo journalists. It was a good perspective vs the usual political / military leaders, or soldiers / special forces, etc...

But most of the movie was basically a road trip, with some bad stops in a generic war dystopia. It seemed like a low budget way to build the impression of wide spread chaos. Burned out cars. Destroyed military equipment. A little close-quarters combat. Tracer rounds at night... the assault on DC was a step up, of course.

I didn't get any parallels with Trump. I thought it was good how they didn't frame it around left vs right.

A few "Easter eggs" of sorts we guessed... highlighting Charlottesville as a major hot spot was an interesting choice, given the unite the right rally.

The RPG to the Lincoln Memorial seemed to be on-point for people in favor of states rights... as Abe did serious damage to that. The attack on the memorial was purely a physiological play. They flew right over the Jefferson Memorial without any interest in targeting it.

Overall, an interesting choice of movies to produce given the current political environment.

This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.