Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: US government vs. "antisemitism"

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/st...43197241638973
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    And the sponsor isn't even a Dispensationalist or a Jew. He's Catholic.
    Not unusual at all. There was a time when some people weren't allowed to join WASP country clubs. And WASPs didn't go the the K of C. Clubs were like that.

But then the world was turned into groups of oppressors and victims...and you know where that leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The war on WASPs is not new. This nation was founded as a Protestant Christian nation. Those in positions of power, who play power games, and don't consider themselves as members of that group, have long conspired and plotted together to neutralize WASPs. In those terms, everything makes sense. The Immigration Reform and Nationality Act of 1965 was a major turning point, championed by the Catholic Kennedy family. It was an inside joke in the movie "Caddyshack". Immigration from south of the border also fits that agenda. The Supreme Court is made up of nothing but Jewish and Catholic members now.

The transformation from a WASP nation to a Judeo-Catholic nation is almost complete. Combine this with Marxist-Globalism, and the war on WASPs can be out in the open now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1786129023879262494

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1786129023879262494

Matt is consistently on the mark. Laid it all out perfectly. Now watch as he gets sideways with Ben Shapiro.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pollack didn't fair too well...

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...61822766268662
    Breitbart may as well be the Jerusalem Post. Now, Pollack is urging Democraps not to have in an person convention because it will make them look bad, though he framed it as being upsetting for the wonderful city of Chicongo when $#@! inevitably goes south with the Marxists. He is such a transparent manipulative POS. Breitbart always headlines any article about the protests as "Hamas students...", "Pro Hamas protesters", etc.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Thankfully, everyone ignored it.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Thankfully, everyone ignored it.
    Not to the degree with which Swordsmyth and dannno are ignoring this thread, no.

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/st...83035778535698

Ok. ...

March 20, 2017
    Members of Congress
    United States Capitol
    Washington, DC 20510

RE: The Constitutionality of The Anti-Semitism Awareness Act

Dear Senator/Representative:

I write on behalf of the ADL, the Simon Wiesenthal Center, AIPAC, and the Jewish
    Federations of North America. These four organizations have differing perspectives on many
    issues, but they speak with one voice in their support of the Anti-Semitism Awareness Act. That
    bill would supplement existing law prohibiting anti-Semitic harassment on college campuses by
    providing a much-needed and workable definition of anti-Semitism, one that is already employed
    by the federal government in other contexts. This proposal passed the Senate unanimously last
    year, but it stalled in the House of Representatives based in part on suggestions that the Act
    would violate the First Amendment.

While efforts by public universities to directly regulate student speech do raise serious
    First Amendment issues, the Act is fundamentally different and concerns about its
    constitutionality are misplaced for multiple reasons...

Too bad only invaders and Marxists have the balls and the sense to ignore $#@! laws.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Beware of the Anti-Semitism Awareness Act

Mises Wire
    Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr.
    05/15/2024

The House of Representatives passed the “Anti-Semitism Awareness Act” on May 2, by a vote of 320-91 in reaction to demonstrations on numerous university campuses and elsewhere against the brutal and genocidal policy of Israel in Gaza. The Act has now been sent to the Senate, where it seems certain to pass. This is an extremely dangerous bill that could criminalize the Bible, many Christian Churches, as well as any negative remarks about Israel and Jews. In brief, it threatens us with totalitarian thought control. We must do everything we can to oppose it.

First, let’s take an overview of the Act.

Continue:

https://mises.org/mises-wire/beware-...-awareness-act

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

Mises Wire
    Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr.
    05/15/2024

The House of Representatives passed the “Anti-Semitism Awareness Act” on May 2, by a vote of 320-91 in reaction to demonstrations on numerous university campuses and elsewhere against the brutal and genocidal policy of Israel in Gaza. The Act has now been sent to the Senate, where it seems certain to pass. This is an extremely dangerous bill that could criminalize the Bible, many Christian Churches, as well as any negative remarks about Israel and Jews. In brief, it threatens us with totalitarian thought control. We must do everything we can to oppose it.

First, let’s take an overview of the Act.

Continue:

https://mises.org/mises-wire/beware-...-awareness-act
    I don't see how this is any worse than the original civil rights act of 1964. We already punish thoughts with discrimination laws. This just seems to be adding another protected class.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I don't see how this is any worse than the original civil rights act of 1964. We already punish thoughts with discrimination laws. This just seems to be adding another protected class.
    I don't know... can't win for losing?

There's no difference, however what anarchists don't understand is that there's no other option. There's always going to be a "state", "mafia", "warlord" presiding over a given area. Government is force and force is not going away anytime soon.

Can anyone substantiate the claim that this act could potentially criminalize the Bible, or even that it could potentially criminalize antisemitic speech of any kind at all?

I don't see what in the bill leads to that claim.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-...ill/6090/text?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

That's the way this looks to me too.

In fact, I haven't looked into it. But I bet the 1964 law has already been used effectively to prosecute discrimination against Jewish people. This act probably doesn't add anything new to the US code that actually affects anything. It just gives politicians a chance to say they did something, rather than nothing.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Can anyone substantiate the claim that this act could potentially criminalize the Bible, or even that it could potentially criminalize antisemitic speech of any kind at all?

I don't see what in the bill leads to that claim.

What government giveth [legislation], government shall taketh [legislation] away?

Boy, I'm full of questions today.

The civil rights act didn't criminalize speech. It didn't even stop all racial discrimination. It stopped racial discrimination in public accommodations. (Businesses that serve the general public). You can still have your all white country club if you want. It wasn't until 1990 that the PGA quit having tournaments at country clubs that discriminated against blacks and that was due to public outcry and calls for boycotts of PGA sponsors, and not by government action.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The civil rights act didn't criminalize speech.

Given that, then what is the basis for the claim that this Anti-Semitism Awareness Act criminalizes speech?
    Ron Paul

That's the way this looks to me too.

In fact, I haven't looked into it. But I bet the 1964 law has already been used effectively to prosecute discrimination against Jewish people. This act probably doesn't add anything new to the US code that actually affects anything. It just gives politicians a chance to say they did something, rather than nothing.
    You've just explained why @Madison320 is wrong in his analysis. The 1965 Civil Rights Act IS used to prosecute discrimination against Jews. There's nothing specific in the act about black people. The act also covers religious discrimination so that would cover observant Jews as well. This new law that @PAF is bringing up is talking about criminalizing actual speech. This is one of the definitions of "antisemitism" this bill seeks to address:

Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor.

There is no comparison at all between this bill and the 1964 CRA.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Given that, then what is the basis for the claim that this Anti-Semitism Awareness Act criminalizes speech?
    From : https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...sts-rcna150170
    "Speech that is critical of Israel or any other government cannot, alone, constitute harassment," ACLU leaders wrote in a letter last week urging lawmakers to oppose the measure.

The letter pointed in part to an example of antisemitism included in the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's definition, which says antisemitism could include "denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor."

Do you remember the video where Candace Owens defendant herself against a Rabbi who was calling her antisemetic? He went so far as to say that even Jews who criticize Israel are antisemitic. What law do you know of that tries to prevent anyone from criticizing black people? Certainly not the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The civil rights act didn't criminalize speech. It didn't even stop all racial discrimination. It stopped racial discrimination in public accommodations. (Businesses that serve the general public). You can still have your all white country club if you want. It wasn't until 1990 that the PGA quit having tournaments at country clubs that discriminated against blacks and that was due to public outcry and calls for boycotts of PGA sponsors, and not by government action.
    I reject the idea that a business that "serves the public" is not private property. I agree with the parts of the civil rights act that apply to government but not private property.

I don't like the bill, but I don't think it changes anything.
    Last edited by Madison320; 05-15-2024 at 10:00 AM.

I reject the idea that a business that "serves the public" is not private property. I agree with the parts of the civil rights act that apply to government but not private property.
    Calling @devil21

From : https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...sts-rcna150170
    "Speech that is critical of Israel or any other government cannot, alone, constitute harassment," ACLU leaders wrote in a letter last week urging lawmakers to oppose the measure.

The letter pointed in part to an example of antisemitism included in the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's definition, which says antisemitism could include "denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor."

Do you remember the video where Candace Owens defendant herself against a Rabbi who was calling her antisemetic? He went so far as to say that even Jews who criticize Israel are antisemitic. What law do you know of that tries to prevent anyone from criticizing black people? Certainly not the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

That relates to how the act defines antisemitism. But the act doesn't ban antisemitism. So I don't see what that proves.
    Ron Paul

You're fine to have your own opinion but not your own facts. You don't have to agree with the Civil Rights Act but you shouldn't mis-characterize what it does. It doesn't do what you said it does College students regularly said racist things on campus well into the 21st century. And even now when students get in trouble on campus for being racist it's not the federal government coming down on them but rather campus honor codes.

What law do you know of that tries to prevent anyone from criticizing black people? Certainly not the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
    None. Nor am I aware of any law that tries to prevent anyone from criticizing Jews. Including the Anti-Semitism Awareness Act.
    Ron Paul

That relates to how the act defines antisemitism. But the act doesn't ban antisemitism. So I don't see what that proves.
    The civil rights act doesn't even address racist speech.

The civil rights act doesn't even address racist speech.
    But it addresses discrimination based on race. And racist speech can be used as evidence that someone discriminated based on race.
    Ron Paul

I don't like the bill, but I don't think it changes anything.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...aza-rcna146674

The legislation would also require federal agencies to submit a report to Congress detailing their implementation of the strategy, enabling oversight authorities to identify and recommend new, better ways to counter the spread of antisemitism — including online.

It would specifically direct the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and the National Counterterrorism Center to produce an annual threat assessment of violent extremism directed at Jews.

And it would demand that the Federal Emergency Management Agency administrator ensures the agency has sufficient resources and personnel needed to support places of worship, community centers and nonprofit organizations with physical security enhancements via the Nonprofit Security Grant Program.

The bill would also formally establish the month of May as “Jewish American Heritage Month” in federal law.

If you don't think the FBI being directed to target people who call Israel racist changes anything....well I can't even take such an opinion seriously.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But it addresses discrimination based on race. And racist speech can be used as evidence that someone discriminated based on race.
    And saying "I want to murder X" can be used as evidence that you indeed murdered X. This bill directs the FBI to investigate people for merely criticizing Israel! Not at all the same thing.

This bill directs the FBI to investigate people for merely criticizing Israel!
    Can you quote the part of the bill you're alluding to here? I can't find that.

Ron Paul

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast