Thread: Rubio Charged Thousands in Personal Expenses Through Republican Party Expense Account

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rubio Charged Thousands in Personal Expenses Through Republican Party Expense Account

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ader-wife.html

But as a member of the Florida House, he used his home as a base for a political committee

He spent nearly $85,000 on 'office/operating costs' and $65,000 on administrative costs.

His wife, Jeanette, was treasurer for one, receiving $5,700 in expenses, for 'gas and meals'

He charged car repairs, Apple products, fancy dinners and even a $134 haircut on Republican Party American Express card

Rubio only repaid the state party once he was caught out, claims a former supporter

In his last financial statement to Congress he said he had at least $450,000 in liabilities

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Jan2017

All while Rand is returning some of his Congressional Budget to the US Treasury . . .

I think the first installment was back in January 2012 of about $800,000 - saving the taxpayers at least that amount.
    (correct me, looking for the youtube of the announcement which I recall was outside a hotel, fwiw)

Reference (Jan. 13, 2012):
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ry-department/
    "Unveiling a check made out to "The U.S. Taxpayer" at an event in Louisville, . . .
    . . . The $500,000 contribution amounted to about 16% of the freshman senator's $3 million annual budget."

Last edited by Jan2017; 05-15-2015 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added Reference/correction

Yeah, supposedly this was one reason why Romney did not choose him to be on the ticket. Just too much baggage. And this is just the stuff that's already known. I imagine there's lots more dirt from his years in the Florida legislature than this.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    But wait, isn't he a fiscal conservative?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Oh this is gonna be good if the story gets legs