Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair-Bound Cat Ticketed, Lack of Leash

Wheelchair-Bound Cat Ticketed, Lack of Leash

A Florida woman says her county animal services has its priorities wrong after giving her a $230 ticket for walking her wheel-chair
    bound cat without a leash.

http://on.aol.com/video/wheelchair-b...6pLid%3D389390

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wouldn't call that a wheelchair, more like "training wheels".

I agree there are better things the cops should be doing with their time but, she is being less than genuine.

"Where would I put the leash?" how bout on its neck like everyone else. lol

That makes me believe (I can't believe I'm gonna say this), the cop is telling the truth when he says she was warned prior to this occurrence.

I'd have some respect for her if she just said "Screw you and your stupid law, go find some crooks." , rather than the "I'm different, I deserve special treatment..." route.
    Last edited by evilfunnystuff; 10-11-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

I watched 10 seconds of the video. Why can't that thing be leashed? It has a neck.

It's a real catastrophe in the making. I remember the time when all those invalid cats charged me and ripped half my face off.

Is this just a house cat?

AOL doesn't come up for me.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Are you guys for real? That cat doesn't need to have a leash on it. It's not going anywhere. It can barely move. Damn, I cannot believe your comments.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Are you guys for real? That cat doesn't need to have a leash on it. It's not going anywhere. It can barely move. Damn, I cannot believe your comments.
    All she really has to do is cut a regular leash down to a few inches in complete length and let it hang around chest level. There's nothing they can say or do. I do it all of the time with my dogs even though they're technically on a verbal leash anyhow.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-11-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    All she really has to do is cut a regular leash down to a few inches in complete length and let it hang around chest level. There's nothing they can say or do. I do it all of the time with my dogs even though they're technically on a verbal leash anyhow.
    It's a cat.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    It's a cat.
    Yeah, I know. It's one of the silliest things I've ever heard but was just offering up a solution in case the lady happens upon this section of the www. I'm kind of a prick in the fact that I like to antagonize people in authority. Try it sometime. It's a hoot.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-11-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Yeah, I know. It's the silliest thing I've ever heard but was just offering up a solution in case the lady happens upon this section of the www. I'm kind of a prick in the fact that I like to antagonize people in authority. Try it sometime. It's a hoot.
    You too? Really though, I have never seen a cat on a leash.
    "The Patriarch"

You too? Really though, I have never seen a cat on a leash.
    +1 Neighborhood cats have wandered freely almost everywhere I've lived or visited in teh US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well I'll be. I guess I need to get out more. Mine would tear my hand off.....
    "The Patriarch"

Yeah, I know. It's one of the silliest things I've ever heard but was just offering up a solution in case the lady happens upon this section of the www. I'm kind of a prick in the fact that I like to antagonize people in authority. Try it sometime. It's a hoot.
    I don't get it. How does it "antagonize authority" to recommend ways in which to comply with authority?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Well I'll be. I guess I need to get out more. Mine would tear my hand off.....
    No, you don't. Those people are NUTS.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 10-11-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I don't get it. How does it "antagonize authority" to recommend ways in which to comply with authority?
    Try it sometime. You'll see.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why? I'd rather fight to get the dumbass law overturned.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Why? I'd rather fight to get the dumbass law overturned.
    Well, yes. I agree. But fuggit, LE, have some fun with it in the mean time.

"Antagonizing authority" by finding ways to comply with it? How can I try it? I can't even make any sense out of it ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

This citation is obviously ridiculous; however, I would always leash a healthy dog or cat with people around, even if it was not "the law." I was on a couple of gun forums and you would not believe (or maybe you would) the number of pantywaists that "draw down" on dogs that lope after them. If you look at all the sociopathic/cowardly cops, then it's really not hard to believe the number of imbeciles that $#@! their pants when your dog even looks at them.

I once adopted two dogs when living in an apartment. It was sort of an emergency thing that last about two days. Anyway, I was walking them one time, and the dopey manager told me I had to get rid of them. Told her I was solving the problem as she spoke. The next, immediate thing out of her mouth was, "Are they vicious?" The word "vicious" is the catch word of the day. When it comes to dogs, a petty power type will never miss an opportunity to use the word "vicious."

I don't really even let my dogs around too many people anymore. Never really trust anybody around your pets.

"Antagonizing authority" by finding ways to comply with it? How can I try it? I can't even make any sense out of it ...
    If they really cared about the law itself they would have given the woman the ticket in the first place. Of course, they didn't. She got the ticket because she didn't conform to the minion's do what I say ego.

If they really cared about the law itself they would have given the woman the ticket in the first place. Of course, they didn't. She got the ticket because she didn't conform to the minion's do what I say ego.
    Huh? What in the world does any of THAT have to do with anything?

You said earlier that you like to "antagonize people in authority" by "offering up solution[s]" for how to comply with authority.
    I am not able to make the least bit of sense out of that. Hence, my query in post #14 - in reply to which you said that I should "try it."
    So, please! Put me out of my misery! Either tell me how I can "antagonize authority" by recommending ways to comply with it, or just shoot me ...

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Is this just a house cat?
    Your typical government lame brain would probably describe it as a bobcat. Maybe a leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Your typical government lame brain would probably describe it as a bobcat. Maybe a leopard.
    Apparently so.

"People with knives"

Sigh.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    +1 Neighborhood cats have wandered freely almost everywhere I've lived or visited in teh US.
    just remember that roaming cats sometimes never come home
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Good Christ, Florida...wtf
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    just remember that roaming cats sometimes never come home
    Cops shoot them?

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Cops shoot them?
    Sometimes, but rather rare. aggravated neighbors, coyotes, cars, and dogs are all more likely to kill a free roaming cat. Average indoor only cat lifespan is 18 years. Roaming cats average is only 3.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I watched 10 seconds of the video. Why can't that thing be leashed? It has a neck.
    Are you joking? It's a $#@!ing cat. You don't leash a cat......
    Rand Paul 2016

Huh? What in the world does any of THAT have to do with anything?

You said earlier that you like to "antagonize people in authority" by "offering up solution[s]" for how to comply with authority.
    I am not able to make the least bit of sense out of that. Hence, my query in post #14 - in reply to which you said that I should "try it."
    So, please! Put me out of my misery! Either tell me how I can "antagonize authority" by recommending ways to comply with it, or just shoot me ...
    Ah. I see. I suppose that what I meant was antagonizing the authority figure. Thus the 3 inch leash hanging. Bacause I've no intention of carrying a leash around just because someone with a notepad told me to. You see? Again, if they were concerned with the infringement of the law itself then they would have ticketed the woman in the first place. They didn't.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-12-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast