Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa to get 30,000 Ron Paul DVDs very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Jason Stoddard of the Austin MeetUp group (and former Ron Paul Congressional intern) is training people to make calls to Iowa registered voters (1.6 million). They are starting with the 2006 Iowan Republican delegates list. Initial evaluation is that almost no one called had heard of Dr. Paul or was familiar with his views (and these are politically aware people) but that a good number are not only receptive but very supportive when they learn about him!

To help, contact Jason at Stoddard.Jason@gmail.com or 512.925.0921.
    This should be what all of us are doing to complement the DVD project, news of "unfairness" to him, etc., and create a nice buzz.

It could be great for those guys at the Austin meetup group, if Gigaplex can reserve a number of Dvds for them and then the callers can actually offer a free Dvd, if they think it to be nessesary ! (For high priority voters, like delegates and so forth or people who are very interested and dont have internet). Only problem is cost of postage.

Same thing can be done in New Hampshire.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigaplex View Post
    Distribution will be the fun part. After I receive the DVDs, I will send a message out to all the organizers of the meetup groups (not to mention the Iowa groups themselves) and anyone else I know to come to Iowa to help distribute on the weekend. I will be at some location handing out assignments in map form.

I imagine I could have several hundred people here if I wanted. People desperately want to help Iowa. Plus, there are over 100 people in the Iowa meetup groups now, which is not bad considering our rather low population.
    Hey, what about getting a group like the austin meetup group to phone the republican registered voters in Iowa (or in the major cities) and those who want the DVD will almost surely view it!

... just an idea in order to get a high view-percentage.
    Last edited by The Dane; 06-23-2007 at 04:22 PM.

I like the idea, but...

As some others have stated...

1) I'd want to see the contents before contributing to it.

2) I'd rather download and burn the DVD, and hand them out or mail them out myself. I think a lot of people would do this if they could. It's pretty much how LInux get's distributed after all.

So I'm curious why an ISO image of the DVD hasn't been posted yet. Or did I miss it?

Gigaplex update your first post in the thread once you have the iso's uploaded and ready for download.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For the last few weeks, I have been working on a project to get a Ron Paul DVD made that we can distribute in Iowa. This DVD will come in a regular box case with a full color cover and full color printing on the disc. It is being professionally done in a factory and so will look just like a DVD you would get from the store. The title is "The revolution has begun".

Once people hear the Ron Paul message, they get hooked. Ron Paul on video is an incredibly powerful thing. Distributing this many DVDs has the potential to win us the straw poll here in Iowa. In fact, it is the main focus of the DVD. The Iowa straw poll is one of the most significant political events that happens in America. So significant that it gets worldwide media coverage. Whoever wins the Iowa straw poll usually goes on to win the caucus and since Iowa is one of the first states to hold their caucus (a.k.a. primary), it has a lot of weight.

I have had video editors working on putting individual segments together and now, this weekend, we will be assembling the final cut. We may send this off to the factory as early as Monday. So far, someone on ronpaulforums has donated $10,000. This is enough money to do about 13,000 DVDs but I would really like to hit the target of 30,000. If you want to get a lot of bang for your buck on the campaign, please consider donating to the cause. There may only be a few days left and I will just take it to the factory with whatever money I have so be aware of the urgency here.

Donations can be sent to the following paypal account:
    jhenderson99@gmail.com

Jeff Lins
    Assistant Organizer for Des Moines, IA meetup group
    gigaplex08@gmail.com
    Is no one going to contribute to this?

I sent my $100.

I agree with Scribbler de Stebbing. Distribution of the DVD has to be targeted to people who are likely to participate in the straw poll.

I don't know much about the process up there in Iowa. I've heard the straw poll referred to as the Ames Straw Poll. Does this merely mean that it is conducted in Ames? Don't the participants come in from all over the state? I see that Cedar Rapids is the second largest city in Iowa. Should there be distribution in Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City? Or is there a good reason that distribution should be concentrated in Des Moines and Ames?

Hopefully, he's discussing this with Joe, the Iowa coordinator. But, first we've got to get them created. He said he's taking them in on Monday. That gives us today and tomorrow to raise some more moolah.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 06-07-2016 at 10:12 PM.

Exclamation Don't Send Any More Money!!

I WANT TO CAUTION YOU ON BEING SO WILLING TO TAKE "Jeff Lins" AT HIS WORD!!!!

HE HAS NOT PUT UP ANY PROOF THAT HE HAS MADE ANY VIDEO!!

Sorry to be so harsh about this !! But I need to see PROOF!!

If you are really working on this venture then GREAT more power to ya' BUT there are a few things that seem a bit fishy.

The URGENCY in the way you say you need the money sounds like classic "drive-by scam"! Hurry, hurry... send the money now before its too late!!

What I'm REALLY worried about is (if this IS a scam ) how thw mainstream media will try to spin this into making Ron Paul responsible!!

PLEASE PEOPLE "THINK"! I CHECKED HIS PAYPAL PROFILE AND HE HAS HAD THAT ACCOUNT FOR 3 YEARS BUT HE HAS A RATING OF ZERO!

IF I'M WRONG THEN I APOLOGIZE BUT I'D RATHER BE TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.

Btw, I am a strong Ron Paul supporter and want only the best for him (I made the "Fox News Style" video on YouTube) .

I have emailed Ron Paul Planet and Daily Paul to change their articles and "stress caution". Again, I apologize if I'm wrong ... I hope I am!

I second that

Quote Originally Posted by danda View Post
    As some others have stated...

1) I'd want to see the contents before contributing to it.

2) I'd rather download and burn the DVD, and hand them out or mail them out myself. I think a lot of people would do this if they could. It's pretty much how LInux get's distributed after all.

So I'm curious why an ISO image of the DVD hasn't been posted yet. Or did I miss it?
    I second that, all of it. Especially point 2.

My issue with the DVD is one of content. Merely issuing a DVD isn't good for the campaign. As somebody mentioned, if a "big 3" candidate did this he would need PR consultants and thousands of dollars in production costs. This is true. But that's because the average person responds to a video that appears professional and makes reasonable, tested statements about a campaign. Does the DVD do this? Does the DVD appear professional?

If the DVD both appears professional and offers a summary of Ron Paul that the average voter will approve, than it's a good thing. But if it's a "revolution" piece that is all substance and no style, than it's a bad thing. I'll let the producers decide which it's going to be.

Gigaplex told us about what he wanted to do weeks ago. It was at that time, that a certain very generous gentleman on this board, offered to help him out with the funding to the tune of $10,000. The man is a frequent poster on this board. I am not a trusting sort, but I choose to trust this effort and put up $100. Everyone else has to make that decision for themselves.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cac1963 View Post
    I second that, all of it. Especially point 2.
    Do you live in Iowa?

You guys can copy it all you want. It is very Iowa specific though. It says things like "go vote in the Iowa straw poll", etc. We might make another copy where we cut that out and put in something more generic so it is something the rest of you guys can use. For those that are serious about donating, shoot me an email and I will make sure you get access to the DVD as quickly as possible after it is completed.

You guys will love it. It is Ron Paul at his best
    FYI.

Note:
    Jeff Lins
    gigaplex08@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Do you live in Iowa?
    No, is that a requirement to participate in this campaign? Video editing is not outside my realm of expertise, and the Iowa-centric content can easily be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by cac1963 View Post
    No, is that a requirement to participate in this campaign? Video editing is not outside my realm of expertise, and the Iowa-centric content can easily be removed.
    No, of course not. He said he would share it with everyone for our use in our own states. But, right now, he needs some help in Iowa.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumaman1 View Post
    Btw, I am a strong Ron Paul supporter and want only the best for him (I made the "Fox News Style" video on YouTube) .
    Where is the bow-down "we're not worthy" smilie-icon? I knew I recognized that users name! Really. Welcome to the forum!

Anyway- I think these are fair points and as noted, you may want to e-mail Jeff if you are interested in making a donation and understand all that is involved. I wasn't going to say anything but in the interest of providing an additional data point for anyone who is considering donating, I spoke with Jeff on the phone several times as part of helping a small bit on this project. By all accounts, Jeff knows his Ron Paul stuff and knew details of getting the DVDs produced. As Jeff is involved with others in the local meetup I'd think he'd be successfully hunted down if things went sour- after last week I don't think anyone would want to face the wrath of the Ron Paul support community.

BTW Pumaman1- so when do we get treated to another video?

yeah, but...

Saying "You guys can copy it all you want" is fine, but where are the bits? We can't copy a statement.

As I recall, the OP stated that the DVDs are already going into manufacturing. This implies that a final cut has been made. So what's the problem with uploading it somewhere? Bittorrent could be an option if bandwidth is a problem. Or someone else in this thread suggested free online storage that allows up to 6 gigs.

I'm not trying to be antagonist here, and I'm sorry if it sounds like whining. I really just don't understand what the issue is.

If the issue is that it is Iowa-specific and not so relevant to the rest of us, I guess that makes some sense. But I still think that I and others would be more likely to contribute towards the distribution if we could actually see what the final product will be. Also, if the source material were also made available, one of us could perhaps edit out the Iowa specific bits and make a new version.

If the issue is a technical one, I'm sure that someone on this forum could lend advice.

just my $.02

Edit: I just re-read the original post and found this statement

I have had video editors working on putting individual segments together and now, this weekend, we will be assembling the final cut".
    So please dis-regard the above $.02 for the time-being. my mistake.
    Last edited by danda; 06-24-2007 at 02:29 AM.

With very clever street approach like nayjevin's :

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ed=1#post35565

It would be great to follow up with a DVD in case the interested person dosent use the internet.

The whole Dvd idea is really good. About the delay: Maybe Gigaplex want to set the standart with a professionally looking Dvd, before people begin copying their own....

If there really is no Dvd, (but i think there is) it should be done as soon as possible... avaroth could surely make a great collection of Ron Paul material if he plays down the music a bit.
    Last edited by The Dane; 06-24-2007 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumaman1 View Post
    You, Pumaman, are a GENIUS! Your video is wonderful.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    people...just ignore anyone who ask for money and you'll be ok...send all your money to the Ron Paul campaign and forget about the rest....trust me

Once I see the end result I will donate 10.000 dollars myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabukadnezar View Post
    Agreed. I pledge funding as well, but I need a look at the content first.

take it into your own hands -- use the free tools at our disposal through this glorious, unregulated internet:

1. go to members list -- find the person advertising services -- view all posts -- guage character

2. google the screen name -- see where else they've been!

most everybody is doing this stuff in good faith, but caution is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Agreed. I pledge funding as well, but I need a look at the content first.
    I will personally vouch for Gigaplex/Jeff. He is totally real and has had talented people working on all aspects of this project. Do not hesitate to donate funds.

And Jeff, if you're reading this - do upload the DVD to orbitfiles.com as was suggested, so people can see it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    I will personally vouch for Gigaplex/Jeff. He is totally real and has had talented people working on all aspects of this project. Do not hesitate to donate funds.

And Jeff, if you're reading this - do upload the DVD to orbitfiles.com as was suggested, so people can see it first.
    I'm not of the opinion that he's going to cheat people out of their money, I trust that he is "real". But I am concerned that this might turn out to be a sub-par production - and in my opinion it's better to have no DVD at all than one that turns off voters. My money will help with distribution of the piece after I've reviewed it.

You should .torrent the compilation out, let everyone download it, and we can all burn them to dvds and pass them out to our friends & family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortikhi View Post
    You should .torrent the compilation out, let everyone download it, and we can all burn them to dvds and pass them out to our friends & family.
    Again, he said he would do just THAT, but right now, he's trying to finish it up for this big push for the Iowa straw poll. Hopefully, he will have the time to upload it and people review it, so they will feel comfortable about donating to this cause, BEFORE he has to take it in for mass production.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabukadnezar View Post
    Then, you, Nathan Hale and anyone else serious about donating to this important effort, might want to contact him, per his post...

For those that are serious about donating, shoot me an email and I will make sure you get access to the DVD as quickly as possible after it is completed.

You guys will love it. It is Ron Paul at his best
    Jeff Lins
    gigaplex08@gmail.com
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-24-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Exclamation How about this.

I'm not sure about the rules governing something like this but if it's possible in your area, you might consider putting this DVD on the Public Access Channel in your city.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast