Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa to get 30,000 Ron Paul DVDs very soon

How do you intend to distribute it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bojo68 View Post
    Dumb question. How many people have dvd players? I just found out that I don't.(put one in the puter and it threw up) I'm wondering if there are 30000 dvd players in Iowa.
    There are almost 3 million people in Iowa. I'm sure they don't all have access to a DVD player but I'll bet it's close. My 89-year old grandfather has one.

I don't think it will be hard to unload 30k copies.
    IOWA - Our Liberties We Prize And Our Rights We Will Maintain

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    There are almost 3 million people in Iowa. I'm sure they don't all have access to a DVD player but I'll bet it's close. My 89-year old grandfather has one.

I don't think it will be hard to unload 30k copies.
    hey - I finally heard you on the podcast today. good job!

I'm still annoyed I couldn't get through. I had relevent info!

Distribution will be the fun part. After I receive the DVDs, I will send a message out to all the organizers of the meetup groups (not to mention the Iowa groups themselves) and anyone else I know to come to Iowa to help distribute on the weekend. I will be at some location handing out assignments in map form.

I am mapping out small polygons with mymaps on google that should take about an hour or so for a team of 5 to complete. Whoever comes in to help distribute will just be assigned one of these polygons and when they are done, they can come back to the central location for another. I will probably have two main organizers, one for Ames and one for Des Moines. Those will be the two main cities that are canvased but there will also be some small towns and suburbs done as well.

I imagine I could have several hundred people here if I wanted. People desperately want to help Iowa. Plus, there are over 100 people in the Iowa meetup groups now, which is not bad considering our rather low population.

A suggestion for the neutral version, remind people to register as a Republican. Many States require it to vote in the GOP primaries.

Okay, so neutral version should maybe say:

Register republican
    Vote in the primary
    Go to meetup.com

I really would suggest though that you guys modify it for your state though.

Great work! I have been tracking the Iowa meetups and we are up to 10 groups with almost 300 people now. Admittedly some of the people joining them are from out of state but the growth is still amazing.

The goal is to WIN the Aug. 11 Ames Straw Poll. We only have 50 days left so please support the DVD project.

Efforts like this are why Ron Paul is going to win.

I can't wait to see this.

I should be able to spare about 245GB of monthly bandwidth if you need an additional mirror.

Of course BitTorrent is the best bet.
    candidatestats.com - Track your favorite candidate's popularity.

You should find out who is voting and target them. but anyways, I think that this is very exciting and I can't wait to see what happens. also, don't forget to get the people who will watch these vids to donate. tell them it only costs $1.50 to make another DVD and to pass around the one they have now.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD SPEED!!!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To Whoever donated $10k, you are a true patriot and friend.
    "I'd rather be alive and free." Rep. Ron Paul, June 13, 2007 to Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentSmith View Post
    Put it on Bit Torrent!
    This is a great idea, too.
    "I'd rather be alive and free." Rep. Ron Paul, June 13, 2007 to Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report.

To get the most bang for your buck, I would consider mailing them to all the GOP delegates. Depending on the case, it will cost an additional $1 each, but you're going to get them to people 3 - 4 times as likely to view it.

Maybe make a fundraising pitch for the postage specifically. How many Iowa delegates are there?
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

Lightbulb

DVD's are great but, I would think a mass mailing of post cards would be more affective and you would reach a lot more people..

30.000 is not a lot when it comes down to 3 million people in Iowa.

Put RP's web information on a post card and the facts about his campaign.

my 2 cents...

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler de Stebbing View Post
    To get the most bang for your buck, I would consider mailing them to all the GOP delegates. Depending on the case, it will cost an additional $1 each, but you're going to get them to people 3 - 4 times as likely to view it.

Maybe make a fundraising pitch for the postage specifically. How many Iowa delegates are there?
    Determining delegates (in Iowa, anyway) doesn't even begin until caucus night in January - each precinct send delgates to the county convention, then some are sent to district convention, then some are sent to state convention, then some are sent to national convention. We don't know who those people will be yet.

i thnk the video should be put on the internet as well. I think an option of buying copies should be available there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaplex View Post
    You guys can copy it all you want. It is very Iowa specific though. It says things like "go vote in the Iowa straw poll", etc.
    You guys will love it. It is Ron Paul at his best
    Excellent to show everyone else local support in Iowa!
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Okay, so neutral version should maybe say:

Register republican
    Vote in the primary
    Go to meetup.com

I really would suggest though that you guys modify it for your state though.
    And DONATE and visit website!
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Distribution will be the fun part.
    See if local libraries, movie rentals, etc., would carry them.
    digg.com/d315eji

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Determining delegates (in Iowa, anyway) doesn't even begin until caucus night in January - each precinct send delgates to the county convention, then some are sent to district convention, then some are sent to state convention, then some are sent to national convention. We don't know who those people will be yet.
    But 85% of them will be the same people from last time. I'm telling you, targeting is going to give you 10 times the views and 20 times the desired results than if you handed them out in the supermarket. Be much better off producing 15,000 for a targeted audience than 30,000 for the general population.
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler de Stebbing View Post

Jason Stoddard of the Austin MeetUp group (and former Ron Paul Congressional intern) is training people to make calls to Iowa registered voters (1.6 million). They are starting with the 2006 Iowan Republican delegates list. Initial evaluation is that almost no one called had heard of Dr. Paul or was familiar with his views (and these are politically aware people) but that a good number are not only receptive but very supportive when they learn about him!

To help, contact Jason at Stoddard.Jason@gmail.com or 512.925.0921.
    This should be what all of us are doing to complement the DVD project, news of "unfairness" to him, etc., and create a nice buzz.
    digg.com/d315eji

I live near Sioux Falls and can probably help with the extreme NW corner.

Our meetup group has plans to meet June 30th, but we are in discussions to change our venue to west des moines

later

Quote Originally Posted by DavyDuke17 View Post
    Awesome job! Could you put it online as a torrent or something so we can all see it?

That's the way to do it. The OP has a brilliant idea----but imagine thousands of people with DVD burners turning out copies at home. DVD-Rs are cheap.

getting the dvds made is one thing but distributing them is another. i think you should give the donaters dvds to pass out according to what they donated. for example if i donate $100 i should get whatever that was worth in dvds in cost after shipping costs so i can distribute in my area.

Money sent, Jeff. I pitched in $100.

C'mon everyone! Let's help him.

If another member could pitch in TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for this effort, sight unseen, seems to me, the least we could do is throw in some change to help make this thing a resounding success.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-23-2007 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsa View Post
    That's what I love about Americans

Go for it
    Get it done
    Anything is possible

Unique to America. I wish we had that here in the UK
    Part of the reason I live here now Mattsa
    "If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will Lose its freedom: and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that, too."

- William Somerset Maugham

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whoever reads this thread should voice their support here. This is such an awesome idea. Bringing the internet to the masses!

I think this is a great idea, and also love the idea of a "generic" DVD for the whole country that people can burn on their DVD drives or order in bulk online. Exposure to Ron Paul is the key. Once people see him they love him. A video format is the best, especially if it's well organized and includes the work of Aravoth and/or similar.

I have a good deal of storgage and bandwidth I can make available, but I'd need some help as to how to set it up. I'm just learning to blog! Send me a PM here if I can help in any way.
    “The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the first and only legitimate object of good government.” – Thomas Jefferson

How do you plan to actually have them handed them out: Knocking on doors or putting them in mail boxes?

Gigaplex,

Man, we are so proud of what your doing.
    Food for thought. Studying the latest census bureau data. I'm showing over 107,000 housing units in Des Moines/West Des Moines alone. And over 225,000 in the Polk-Story County combined area. Any thought as to what part of the area will be your focus of distribution?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast