Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Iowa to get 30,000 Ron Paul DVDs very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler de Stebbing View Post
    Some of us are doing calling to IA caucus attendees or other good lists. If we get some people we think could use a DVD, could we PayPal you the $ for the postage and send the addresses?
    Great idea. Beyond that, when we come across true Ron Paul fans in Iowa, maybe we could encourage them to give us some money to see to it that more Iowans get a copy of the DVD.

I'll put my $ where my mouth is, Gigaplex. Next time I see you, if you give me one DVD I'll give you $100.

Thanks again to Gigaplex and the hero on these forums who gave BIG $ to help make this happen (and anyone else who helped and donated).
    IOWA - Our Liberties We Prize And Our Rights We Will Maintain

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can start torrenting it. It is fully uploaded.
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaplex View Post
    Oooh, good idea, Scribbler. Are selling the DVDs to them or buying them yourselves? How many should I reserve for you?
    What would it cost you to send me 50 of them via media mail for starters? Or 100. Not sure. We would mail them for free to Iowans who sound like they WILL go to the straw poll and COULD support RP but need more info.
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

Well, I paid about ten cents a disc for shipping but that is freight so it might be a little more expensive than that.

You can send via 'media mail' post office, it's by far the cheapest.

Too bad we can't get the rate for 'material for the blind' I'm sure we can all agree that's exactly what non-ronpaul supporters are!

PHONE CAMPAIGN:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ed=1#post57300

What I was organizing was something similar to this. They beat me to the punch. It's important that we all get involved in this. We can reach all 1.7 million households in about 3 weeks if we get 10000 volunteers to make even only 10 calls a day, or 1000 volunteers to make 100 calls a day.

Even if all you can do is a few phone calls a day, please follow this link and sign up for the project. A win at the Iowa straw poll as gigaplex has stated would be a huge victory for us.

Also, does anyone have the video? It was never uploaded to the website and so I don't know where anything stands.
    Last edited by raille; 07-10-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: clarification

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey, How can I buy the dvd...Meet Ron Paul DVD ISO - PLZ seed?

Thanx!

There is a torrent available via another thread. I will also be adding it to www.ronpaulvideorevolution.com . In addition, I have decided, if I can juggle things the right way to do a purchase of 10,000 front printed DVD's for resale and distribution. This will give us the best bang for the buck, and as long as people can/will buy them (at *cost* which is .50 each) for distribution, I will be able to continue the process for as long as we need.

I will have the paypal account setup tonight and an order system put in place. at .50 each, that is cheaper than we can burn/print them ourselves and is far more convenient and professional looking. But it does depend on everyone helping to do this (I can't distribute 10K myself.. ). I think it would be a good idea for every meetup group to have a pack of 100 to distribute at various functions.

This let's us get the DVD's out there in packs of 100 for only $50+shipping costs. Someone also mentioned LightScribe as an option. This is cheaper, but the LightScribe does have it's up points.

Spreading them in Iowa and New Hampshire right now obviously makes the most sense. But just generally building a base for him in other states before he comes to campaign will be great as well so everyone can participate even if you don't have a way to distribute in Iowa.

Look for this tonight. I will post again when I have made some progress on this.

Quote Originally Posted by payday4you View Post
    Hey, How can I buy the dvd...Meet Ron Paul DVD ISO - PLZ seed?

Thanx!
    Last edited by raille; 07-10-2007 at 01:48 PM.

I need direction from all of you.

Ok, here is the choice that I am faced with. Do we burn Gig's DVD (with an added menu and footage), or do we burn RohanT's for this run of 10K DVDs.

I don't mind taking a loss on this at all but I have to keep the loss to a minimum in order to continue to provide the service to everyone (I only have a limited amount of funding that I can apply to this since I will be using a corporate line of credit).

In order then to do this, I need to have an idea of whether there are enough people in Iowa wanting to participate to recoup most of the cost on burning the DVDs. If not, it makes more sense to burn the more generic RohanT DVD.

I need as many people as possible to chime in on this. I can only get these prices by buying in massive bulk, and it gives us professionally printed DVDs at bare minimum prices and very quick turn around (with no burning ourselves). And unfortunately, I do not have the funds to seed the project with a run of both DVDs.

So if we let them go in packs of 10 ($5), 50 ($25), 100 ($50), are there enough Iowans (or surrounding areas) willing to pitch in by purchasing a pack, or should we focus nationally.

Remember, once again, this is at cost, I am not making any money off of this, and am willing to give groups/people that can't afford to purchase a pack, a free pack.

But I really need to get everyone's input on how to proceed. Thank you in advance for your input.

Thanks.
    Last edited by raille; 07-10-2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: needed a comma... :)

grassroots distribution!!

Hi, My name is Brian Swenk and I live in Asheville NC. I've watched the new Ron Paul Iowa video several times in the past few days and would like to make a proposal. If I can get a copy, it doesn't have to be a final production, maybe just a copied DVD (with August spelled correctly?), I can use my macbook pro to make several hundred copies to spread through NC. I would actively get others to do the same and we could possibly get several thousand copies very quickly. With the ability for newer computers to burn DVD's we could have exponential distribution in several weeks. All it would take would be for one person to mail me the DVD copy and then I would be willing to mail to anyone else who can make copies. This is grassroots at it's best!!
    Thanks and I'll look forward to hearing back from you.

Brian

The slide with "August" on it has to do with Iowa's straw poll. Since you live in North Carolina, you'd probably rather the entire slide be removed, wouldn't you?

Nuthin Fancy

The .ISO torrent is perfect.

DVD Decrypter spits out copies in 5.5minutes each....that's pretty quick.

DVD's at 24 cents each. Nice.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112