Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Iowa to get 30,000 Ron Paul DVDs very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Man from La Mancha View Post
    Subforum http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5023

I wish the Ron Paul 2008 website could have a big library of high quality videos to use
    I agree, but wouldn't this be horribly expensive to host? Is this something that we can take up a collection to do on our own, that we can leave them out of, except for sending us the raw high-res video?

What do you think?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man from La Mancha View Post
    Subforum http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5023

Here is something I posted earlier. Once you download Azureus 3 and opened the program go to the tabs up at the top that says home then you just click on this link below, hit open and it will download. Then use file to burn DVD

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/372...02.TPB.torrent

old post

I down loaded last night Azureus 3 on to my win xp 2.3 mhz computer and within 3 min of receiving it I started downloading the DVD. Even though the little smiley tracker face stayed yellow I was receiving an average of 80kbs, sometimes as much as 150. My uploading is around 40. My problem for not faster speeds is my second inline modem for my phone service.

As far as the DVD is. Given what he had to work with I think it's very good. The music is sometimes too loud compared to the speaking and some words were hard to read at the begining clip with flag waving behind it. I think just a blue screen would of been better. There's plenty of flag in the wind behind it anyway.

Well done, I know this a very time consuming process that can take dozens of hours of work so I really appreciate it. I've looked at about 1/3 of it.

I wish the Ron Paul 2008 website could have a big library of high quality videos to use
    What do you think about putting the link to this torrent under Campaign Material on this forum (under Take Action)? Isn't that where people will most likely look for things like this?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Good idea and if people have trouble with it we can help and I'm not the best expert but someone can

So when is the Iowa DVD going to be done? I hate to sound annoyed, but it supposedly had $10,000 donated for it, multiple professionals or semi-pros working on it, and was promised last Sunday!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shouldn't we make sure it also gets put into the Campaign Material subforum?
    It already is, as a sticky 'BIG LIST of free downloadable campaign material'

Not many people look there, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    It already is, as a sticky 'BIG LIST of free downloadable campaign material'

Not many people look there, honestly.
    http://ronpaulvideorevolution.com/PostNuke/index.php

I see no download for the movie on this site.

So is the video posted somewhere online for viewing?

If so - please provide a link.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...

John Stevens

I have had the DVD done since monday and in iso format as early as yesterday. The latest is being uploaded right now.

I have been trying to figure out how to get around the 13-18 days that it usually takes to make these DVDs and I think I have the solution. The company I am currently talking to can put a rush on it for $500 extra and have the whole thing done in 5 business days. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. It is the artwork that takes the most time. The discs can be made pretty quick (like 1-3 days). The artwork has already been uploaded and is ready to go right this minute. I think I will be able to go to production today.

SC coming up

We'll be needing a bunch for SC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaplex View Post
    I have had the DVD done since monday and in iso format as early as yesterday. The latest is being uploaded right now.

I have been trying to figure out how to get around the 13-18 days that it usually takes to make these DVDs and I think I have the solution. The company I am currently talking to can put a rush on it for $500 extra and have the whole thing done in 5 business days. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. It is the artwork that takes the most time. The discs can be made pretty quick (like 1-3 days). The artwork has already been uploaded and is ready to go right this minute. I think I will be able to go to production today.
    Is there a reason why you can't just post the entire DVD to You Tube for us to view?

If it's good - the donations will follow very quickly...

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.

John Stevens

Remember that this video is geared towards Iowans, so it will need some additional work before we use it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JS4Pat View Post
    Is there a reason why you can't just post the entire DVD to You Tube for us to view?

If it's good - the donations will follow very quickly...
    You mean google video, I assume. The thing is way too long for YouTube.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You mean google video, I assume. The thing is way too long for YouTube.
    So there is no way for us to view it?

John Stevens

I didn't say that. I said if, when it is available, someone wanted to upload it for direct viewing, it should be uploaded to Google video, instead of splitting it into upteen parts to put it on Youtube.

I will check to see if the upload is complete and finish posting it to the site. If anyone has any other video's or torrent files, please upload them. I have already set up the servers as a Torrent host for RohanT's video which is hopefully speeding up downloads for most of you since my servers can do a full upload blast with no speed restrictions.

Right now, I have my team working on another project that is just as important for the campaign so I will need anyone who wants to get my attention to do something with this project or files by sending me an e-mail at kcollins at oghames dot com .

I am still as dedicated to helping Gigaplex with this project, but I had to look at what I could use my resources to provide that others could not and found something. I am tremendously excited about it and will hopefully we will be ready to release by Monday.

Btw, as far as a logo... We could revamp the peace sign, maybe a cross between a peace sign and an american flag? just an idea.

Thanks,
    Kevin

http://ronpaulvideorevolution.com/PostNuke/index.php

I see no download for the movie on this site.
    There are 2 DVD projects. RohanT's is complete, Gigaplex's is not yet available.

Both are linked in 'campaign materials' sticky entitled "BIG LIST free downloadable materials"

My movie will go on Google so you guys can see it but I am more concerned with getting this in production right now. There is no time to raise additional funding so I am going to production with what I got. Any donations made now might not clear in time or get transferred to my account in time and there is definitely not time to wait for people to watch it. If we had an extra couple weeks, I'm sure the rest of the funding would materialize but we will get 10-15 thousand DVDs out for this project and I think that will have a pretty big impact even though it is below my target.

Anyway, the next priority after getting this in production is getting it on Google.

Jeff

Is there anyone who could draft "downloading and burning DVD's for dummy's" for those of us who have some moderate technology in PC's but not the experience? I would say to make it something a child could understand, but that would make it too tough for me!! lol

I will burn and distribute if I can learn how.

sorry for sounding like an idiot

Will do in 'campaign materials'

gimme 5 minutes

I've tried to explain how to download and burn RohanT's DVD via Bit Torrent here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...2483#post52483

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    I've tried to explain how to download and burn RohanT's DVD via Bit Torrent here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...2483#post52483

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by shrugged0106 View Post
    Is there anyone who could draft "downloading and burning DVD's for dummy's" for those of us who have some moderate technology in PC's but not the experience? I would say to make it something a child could understand, but that would make it too tough for me!! lol

I will burn and distribute if I can learn how.

sorry for sounding like an idiot
    I'm glad you asked. I need the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I'm glad you asked. I need the same thing.
    Me Too.

I have high speed internet access, a DVD Burner and plenty of recordable DVDs.

Just need the step by step instructions...

John Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by shrugged0106 View Post
    For those on Macs, it's as simple as dragging the ISO image into Disk Utility and clicking the "Burn" icon.

Things went pretty well today. The master disc is on a plane right now heading to the glass master building in California. After negotiations, I ended up with a deal for 13,500 DVDs with the stipulation that it be done by July 13th. Shipping is then 3 business days putting it at the 18th. That will give us 3 weekends to distribute before the straw poll.

Jeff:

How about contacting Meetup groups in surrounding states to come help you guys get these DVDs distributed?

Great job!

Now can we start torrenting this sucker? And I still think a video iPod version of some of RP's stuff would be really cool.

Some of us are doing calling to IA caucus attendees or other good lists. If we get some people we think could use a DVD, could we PayPal you the $ for the postage and send the addresses?

Or would it be better to buy 100 from you and mail them ourselves?
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oooh, good idea, Scribbler. Are selling the DVDs to them or buying them yourselves? How many should I reserve for you?

You can start torrenting it. It is fully uploaded.

I will have it up as a google video as soon as possible.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast