Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Primary Live Blog

Texas Primary Live Blog

I'll be posting updates throughout the evening...I encourage others to do the same!

I'm rooting for:

Ted Cruz for Senate

Richard Mack for Congress

Steve Stockman for Congress

George Harper for Congress

Bill Tofte for Congress (P.S.: He's running for the 7th District...not the 34th.)

There are a few others I'm rooting for, but I won't be posting them here since they aren't on the official list (such as my candidate for the 25th District), and I don't want to cause any battles. I know we are mostly united on the names above so I'll be posting updates throughout the night.
    Last edited by Spoa; 05-29-2012 at 04:08 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When do the polls close?

Just curious but who are you rooting for in the 25th? I looked through the candidates but couldn't really find one that deserved to be backed strongly over the others.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

In Response to Question on District 25:

I know a lot of people like Wes Riddle, and I have no problem with him. But between the two leading candidates, Michael Williams and Roger Williams, I prefer Michael Williams.

Wes Riddle also hasn't had a lot (if any) political experience, and while that isn't a bad thing, I prefer to support people with a proven record of leadership. Justin Amash and Thomas Massie both have proven records to run on, Mr. Riddle doesn't have a huge record to run on. (Roger supported the stimulus bill, Michael didn't!)

Polls should be closing in about 8 minutes (closes at 8 PM eastern time). I'll be posting results soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrock View Post
    When do the polls close?
    8 PM eastern time, 7 PM central time.

Polls have closed. Important info to remember: Unless a candidate/representative wins 50% of the vote, he/she will face a July 31 runoff against the 2nd place finisher.

I'm hoping our liberty candidates can win tonight, but at the very least, I'm hoping that they make it to the runoff.

LIBERTY 2012!

Early Results; Probably Early voting: SENATE R

Republican Party
    Precincts Reporting: 0%
    Last Updated: 8:06 p.m. ET
    TWEET REPUBLICAN RESULTS
    D. Dewhurst 67.8% 436
    T. Cruz 19.4% 125
    T. Leppert 6.8% 44
    C. James 3.1% 20
    L. Pittenger 1.6% 10
    G. Addison 0.8% 5

Not good for liberty candidates, but still early in the night!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Republican Party
    Precincts Reporting: 0.1%
    Last Updated: 8:09 p.m. ET
    TWEET REPUBLICAN RESULTS
    D. Dewhurst 68.7% 1,594
    T. Cruz 17.9% 415
    T. Leppert 6.5% 152
    C. James 2.9% 67
    L. Pittenger 1.3% 31
    G. Addison 1.2% 29
    Source: Associated PressKey: Incumbent (i), Run-off*

Not good...keep your fingers crossed.

things may get better! thanks for covering the senate race!!!
    the "official" thread here is basically covering the potus votes!

RACE NAME PARTY EARLY VOTES PERCENT TOTAL VOTES PERCENT
    U. S. Representative District 21
    Richard Mack REP 555 19.37% 555 19.37%
    Richard Morgan REP 234 8.16% 234 8.16%
    Lamar Smith - Incumbent REP 2,076 72.46% 2,076 72.46%
    ----------- -----------
    Race Total 2,865 2,865
    Precincts Reported 2 of 279 Precincts 0.72%

Great news in TX-36: STEVE STOCKMAN LEADS!!!
    S. Stockman 26.7% 3,344
    S. Takach 21.2% 2,648
    K. Griffin 12.7% 1,592
    J. Engstrand 12.2% 1,532
    M. Jackson 9.8% 1,220
    C. Meyer 3.9% 485
    L. Myers 3.3% 412
    K. Morrell 2.8% 350
    K. Casey 2.4% 294
    J. Doyle 2.3% 285
    D. Whitton 1.7% 209

A Stockman win would be huge. I'm hoping Cruz can get over 30% and keep Dewhurts under 45%. If that happens I think we're favored in a runoff.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Based on the very limited results in so far, Dewhurst seems to be doing better in the more rural counties while Cruz is doing better in the suburban counties like Fort Bend County.

Of course as soon as I post this Dewhurt's % jumps up in Fort Bend County. I think I'll just watch and not speculate any further.
    Last edited by Pisces; 05-29-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Mostly the same numbers still...I'm hoping that Stockman, Riddle, and Cruz gets to runoffs and win. We will need to have A LOT of focus, but these races are winnable!

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Based on the very limited results in so far, Dewhurst seems to be doing better in the more rural counties while Cruz is doing better in the suburban counties like Fort Bend County.

Of course as soon as I post this Dewhurt's % jumps up in Fort Bend County. I think I'll just watch and not speculate any further.
    Can you link me a map with such information.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Can you link me a map with such information.
    http://www.politico.com/2012-electio...012/Primary/TX

I'm not sure where you guys are getting your information from, but this link shows Dewhurst with less than 47% of the vote.

http://enr.sos.state.tx.us/enr/resul..._160_state.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I'm not sure where you guys are getting your information from, but this link shows Dewhurst with less than 47% of the vote.

http://enr.sos.state.tx.us/enr/resul..._160_state.htm
    I know. I just worry with his % being so close to 50. Ted Cruz just didn't have the funds to blanket the state with ads and mailers. I think he does real well with activists and people that get their news online, but all the old tv watchers are going to go for Dewhurst I'm afraid. I still think Cruz has a good chance of making it into the run-off. Sorry if I'm coming off pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    I know. I just worry with his % being so close to 50. Ted Cruz just didn't have the funds to blanket the state with ads and mailers. I think he does real well with activists and people that get their news online, but all the old tv watchers are going to go for Dewhurst I'm afraid. I still think Cruz has a good chance of making it into the run-off. Sorry if I'm coming off pessimistic.
    If Leppert, James, Addison, and Pittenger endorse Cruz and their supporters go out in drives for him, Ted can and WILL win the run off!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    If Leppert, James, Addison, and Pittenger endorse Cruz and their supporters go out in drives for him, Ted can and WILL win the run off!
    I hope so. I worry about the Leppert voters. I don't know a whole lot about Leppert but I've been under the impression that he's a moderate establishment type.

I do think Dewhurst is really generating real disgust among many with his sleazy negative campaign. Hopefully all his negative ads will backfire on him if we get to a run-off.

Hopefully Cruz makes the run-off. On the house end, looks like we'll get Stockman and Riddle in their run-offs. Mack's race looks lost, as does the holy land of TX-14.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

Now that Rand is out - Gary Johnson 2016!

Mack and Harper have lost.

Stockman and Cruz are looking like they are going to be in runoffs. We must win those races!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Hopefully Cruz makes the run-off. On the house end, looks like we'll get Stockman and Riddle in their run-offs. Mack's race looks lost, as does the holy land of TX-14.
    Cruz, Stockman, and Riddle are great patriots...we need to throw moneybombs and work really hard for their runoffs. I was a little disappointed that the good Doctor didn't endorse George Harper or somebody in TX-14. My only hope is that establishment Weber is defeated by the runner-up. Also, I was shocked that Mack lost. But we win some and we lose some.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also, looks like the good state rep David Simpson will be reelected.

Forum member Jonathan Strickland is in the lead for his state house race!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post

I was just checking and I'm excited to see a few incumbents who supported RINO Straus being defeated. Also, congrats to Simpson and Strickland. Liberty isn't easy (as shown by our loss of Mack), but we are slowly winning seats across the nation. From Hightower to Massie to Strickland, we are taking our country back!

I'm glad to see that Cruz is doing real well in Montgomery County. So far, he's actually beating Dewhurst with 53% reporting. Ron Paul is doing a little better than his average results statewide as well.

AP projects Cruz and Dewhurst will move toward a runoff. Let's win this! For liberty fighters, the choice could not be any clearer!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post

David Simpson is the guy who really pushed for the anti TSA groping bill in the Texas House. I'm very happy to see him winning.

Can anyone please give more information on Stockman and Riddle. They seem like your average conservative ar first blush. Are they Liberty candidates?
    Last edited by Adrock; 05-29-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast