Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NMI to live blog GOP pre-primary convention

NMI to live blog GOP pre-primary convention

NMI to live blog GOP pre-primary convention

The Independent will be on hand at the Albuquerque Hilton Saturday at noon to live blog the 2010 Republican Party pre-primary convention, where candidates for office will vie for enough votes to be placed on the primary election ballot.
    [...]
    In the 3rd Congressional District, two Republican candidates, Adam Kokesh and Tom Mullins, will try to get their way on the ballot.

In addition to live blogging, The Independent will attempt—technology permitting—to webcast the five-minute speeches by the candidates in each race that precede the votes.
    If the recent smears keep Adam off the ballot, will he run as an Independent?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the smears work here we need to collect 1000 more signatures in a couple weeks. It is looking good but we wont know till the counting is done. We are working our asses off...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    If the smears work here we need to collect 1000 more signatures in a couple weeks. It is looking good but we wont know till the counting is done. We are working our asses off...
    I see....

Candidates who don’t get 20 percent of the vote Saturday can still get on the ballot by collecting signatures.
    Can I do anything to help? (I'm in Flagstaff, AZ)
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-13-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Oh dear...

Adam Kokesh failed to get to 20 percent (80.5% for Mullins, 19.5% for Kokesh), but those results are apparently not final.

[Comment From Heath Haussamen (NMI) Heath Haussamen (NMI): ]
    Matt, I'm told they round up, so Kokesh might get on the ballot after all. Trying to confirm now.

Matt Reichbach (NMI):
    Heath, they announced that they have to go back and tally the ballots up again. Or something like that, it wasn't exactly clear and I was just showing up at that time.

Matt Reichbach (NMI):
    George, they did the 2nd and 3rd Congressional Districts already. THe rest will come after lunch.

Matt Reichbach (NMI):
    We just got handed some really dirty fliers against Kokesh that accuses him of being anti-troop, anti-American and a 9/11 Truther.

Matt Reichbach (NMI):
    It links Kokesh with, among others, Alex Jones, Cindy Sheehan, Charlie Sheen (?), Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

I pray the smears backfire on those fascist neocon tools.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heath Haussamen (NMI):
    Interesting thing about Kokesh. When he announced in July that he would run as a Republican, he called his platform "post-partisan" but said he "from a long line of Republicans and has been registered as a Republican since he was old enough to vote.”

“Often a critic of the party leadership, he believes the actual platform — limited government and lower taxes — is most aligned with his belief system, even though the Republican office holders have strayed far away from the party platform,” his campaign said.

Heath Haussamen (NMI):
    So what happened today appears to be a rejection of Kokesh's "post-partisan" platform by most GOP insiders. Interesting.

Matt Reichbach (NMI):
    "I will stand with those who make no apologies for this great country," Barela says.

Good Lord, what a load.

A MandateMittRimneyCare fan I take it....

They say Gary Johnson is on the screen! Woot!

He will not endorse but they say he's said good things about Turner.

Heath Haussamen (NMI):
    "According to state law, anything under 20% is not certified by the convention. This includes 19.5," GOP spokeswoman tells me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    They say Gary Johnson is on the screen! Woot!

He will not endorse but they say he's said good things about Turner.
    Why hasn't Gary Johnson endorsed Adam? I see no reason for him not to, unless Gary is too worried about his own image and ambitions...
    Republican Precinct Committeeman, Arizona LD21.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MR2Fast2Catch View Post
    Why hasn't Gary Johnson endorsed Adam? I see no reason for him not to, unless Gary is too worried about his own image and ambitions...
    which is not a bad thing. however, i don't think that's the case. i think his involvement in our america prevent him from making an endorsement.

He appeared before the gov. hopefuls

Heath Haussamen (NMI):
    An endorsement, Johnson says, would violate his own nonprofit org's status.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Matt Reichbach (NMI):
    The delegate count is changing because some people have arrived late.
    Saturday March 13, 2010 1:32 Matt Reichbach (NMI)
    1:33

Matt Reichbach (NMI):
    All the numbers we have now are preliminary results.

[Comment From Claus Claus: ]
    So will the late delegates get to vote for the earlier rounds that they missed CD2 etc.
    Saturday March 13, 2010 1:34 Claus
    1:34

Matt Reichbach (NMI):
    Yes, Claus.

Hopefully there's some latecomers for Kokesh!

Wait...

Heath Haussamen (NMI):
    They've already done the congressional races.

Conflicting info.

Heath Haussamen (NMI):
    This from GOP spokeswoman Janel Caused: "Must get 20%--so 19.5 doesn't make the cut according to the law."

So, unless the numbers change, Kokesh didn't make the ballot today. The numbers aren't official yet, so it's not quite over.
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-13-2010 at 02:42 PM.

So, unless the numbers change, Kokesh didn't make the ballot today. The numbers aren't official yet, so it's not quite over.
    I heard it would just mean Adam needs another 1,000 signatures to get on the ballot, since he did not make 20 percent.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

Yup.

I'd rather him run as an Independent though, and I feel the same about Ron, if they can't get the GOP nominations. I truly believe it's the only way for the platform to win. The GOP is full of warmongers and big govt beltway hacks, from top to bottom.

ETA: Sorry to be so negative. Most times, it feels like liberty, peace and prosperity are swimming against the tide.

Matt Reichbach (NMI):
    Chavez says he will go back and arrest corrupt officials, "Including Governor Richardson."

Awesome. But is that the State Auditor's job?
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-13-2010 at 03:43 PM.

I think they missed live blogging the congressional speeches. NMI did get a late start. Anyways...

Heath Haussamen (NMI):
    No candidate who hasn't gotten 20 percent at the preprimary has ever won the primary in New Mexico.

And it's over.

The results can be found here. They're still being updated.

3rd Congressional District

• Tom Mullins – 80.5 percent

• Adam Kokesh – 19.5 percent

It’s not clear at this point if Kokesh has earned his way on the ballot. There’s some sort of recount going on and there’s also a question about whether numbers should be rounded up. Stay tuned.
    FWIW, Turner (who Johnson spoke well of) intends on gathering signatures.

Good luck, Adam! God speed and God bless!
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-13-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Lucille, thanks for posting all these updates for us.

A disappointing day, but it's not over yet. Keep up the fight!

I see....

Can I do anything to help? (I'm in Flagstaff, AZ)
    I don't know anything about running a campaign, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put out a call for cash to enable them to hire professional signature gatherers.

His opponent in the GOP is a freaking Teamster. Is there literally no end to the stupidity?

No prob. I wasn't sure if anyone was even following it!

Fight on!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No candidate who hasn't gotten 20 percent at the preprimary has ever won the primary in New Mexico.
    Then Adam has a chance to break a tradition.

I had no idea this pre-primary thing existed. It certainly explains the timing of the opposition pieces.

No prob. I wasn't sure if anyone was even following it!

Fight on!
    Ha! I follow you on Twitter and didn't even know it was you!

Yeah. I miss you when you don't post here. Hint, hint...

His opponent in the GOP is a freaking Teamster. Is there literally no end to the stupidity?
    Awesome. Just what we need in the GOP. More Big Govt, pro-war, pro-union types.

And that's a rhetorical question, right?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Ha! I follow you on Twitter and didn't even know it was you!

Yeah. I miss you when you don't post here. Hint, hint...
    So sweet! ::hugs:: Yup. It's me. I thought about creating a new RPF name to avoid confusion or whatever, but I just added the twitter link instead.

I've been missing this place too! Twitter has been my obsession, but now I'm burning out.

Then Adam has a chance to break a tradition.

I had no idea this pre-primary thing existed. It certainly explains the timing of the opposition pieces.
    It absolutely does explain the barrage of attacks lately!

So sweet! ::hugs:: Yup. It's me. I thought about creating a new RPF name to avoid confusion or whatever, but I just added the twitter link instead.

I've been missing this place too! Twitter has been my obsession, but now I'm burning out.
    I think if you ask nicely, they will change your your name. I've seen a few people do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast