Thread: "Overview of America"---A 30 min. documentary that EVERY American should watch

"Overview of America"---A 30 min. documentary that EVERY American should watch

"Overview of America"---A 30 min. documentary that EVERY American should watch!!!

The documentary begins with asking and answering the question, "Why is America great", then launches into history on the founding of America, our fight for independence, and describes the various types of governments as compared to ours. In the last portion of the DVD, the presentation moves towards the types of economic markets, morality in America, and lastly, explains how America is at a crossroads and that we need to decide which direction we will go. I must admit, I have a new understanding of how the various types of governments work and a clarification on the political spectrum. (left/right). The movie is linked below into four parts, total viewing time 30 minutes. Please find time to watch this, I guarantee you will learn something new!!

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV
    Last edited by FrankRep; 09-25-2007 at 02:15 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheRepublic View Post
    Good video. Thanks for posting.
    Spread this video around.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Great history lesson!

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

If someone has this on DVD, would they please upload it to: http://stage6.divx.com and post a link to it?

This way we could have a high-quality version to show other people. Thanks!

Hmm... So I just finished watching this, and I'm not totally pleased with the religious spin at the end of this "documentary". While I am religious, and it would probably sell well with most of my religious counterparts, it unfortunately is off-base in its position that a society cannot operate without religious convictions and morality.

The real limiting factor is not what we won't due because of our religious beliefs/morality, but instead what we CANNOT do because we have no right to infringe upon the rights of others. The last thing that a discussion on freedom and liberty needs is a baseless religious argument, when instead there is perfectly sound logical framework to build upon.

Be careful who you show this video to, as it certainly will turn off those who are either: #1 Religious, but smart enough to know a snow job when they see one (even if they don't know what the correct alternative argument really is), or #2 are Non-religious.