Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Original donation thread for Philly Rally - need $$$

Original donation thread for Philly Rally - need $$$

I am going to overnight the application to the parks service along with the $50 application fee TODAY. We need to get event insurance. TMG is making phone calls but it looks like it's going to be around $1000 and we need to raise it very quickly (by the end of the weekend at the LATEST. They say we can have the grounds all day on that date but we need event insurance!
    More costs will come later with setting up a stage and getting better electrical, etc... but that comes after. RIGHT NOW we need to raise this money.

We are going to use my Paypal address to collect the funds. Please donate if you can.
    My paypal email is interleave1@earthlink.net

Thanks,
    Bob

Ok - ongoing total:

$1112.78 - 29 donations!

================================================== =================================

http://www.pledgebank.com/ProFootball

http://www.pledgebank.com/probaseball

http://www.pledgebank.com/nascar

http://www.pledgebank.com/collegefootball

http://www.pledgebank.com/concerts

http://www.pledgebank.com/canvass
    Last edited by Sematary; 08-25-2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: update

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Can you also put the remaining money needed ($679.50) on this page too?
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it” - Thomas Jefferson

State by State - Voter Registration Information
    Pledge to Vote - Ron Paul Voter Bomb
    Ron Paul Flix - For all the latest Ron Paul videos and media coverage
    My Ron Paul T-Shirts and Bumper Stickers, and much more

Quote Originally Posted by itsnobody View Post
    Can you also put the remaining money needed ($679.50) on this page too?
    I will keep updating as I am able. :-)

We're at $346
    This Rally is going to kick ASS!!

Thanks everybody! I put in $50. If enough people just put in a simple $25 we will be there in no time. It will help secure the time and date - Sat. Nov.10 at 1pm.

Any amount will help......... Then the fun begins with planning all the fun stuff for the rally.

Please don't let this opportunity pass. We are $654 away from our goal - so please keep this up top.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    (probably not the thread, but i lost the others.)

is this still on the 11th, or has it been moved to the 10th?

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    (probably not the thread, but i lost the others.)

is this still on the 11th, or has it been moved to the 10th?

Ya, we couldn't get enough space on the 11th so we went with the tenth.
    Help us get this done!

Unhappy

I thought someone said they'd consider bumping the small thing on the 11th so we could have the 10th?

My group of 14 travelling companions won't be flying into Philly until late on the 10th. We were going to stay over and be there for the 11th. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    I thought someone said they'd consider bumping the small thing on the 11th so we could have the 10th?

My group of 14 travelling companions won't be flying into Philly until late on the 10th. We were going to stay over and be there for the 11th. Disappointing.
    It was a veterans group for Veterans Day. They got there first, and while a smaller crowd, the veterans deserve their rally. The assistant thought it MIGHT be able to be moved some where else in the Mall, but when the Special Events coordinator got back in town he nixed that idea. Can your group fly in Friday night? Flights can be changed - especially this far in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tmg19103 View Post
    It was a veterans group for Veterans Day. They got there first, and while a smaller crowd, the veterans deserve their rally. The assistant thought it MIGHT be able to be moved some here else, but when the Special Events coordinator got back in town he nixed that idea. Can your group fly in Friday night? Flights can be changed - especially this far in advance.
    Ah. I missed the update. The veterans do deserve their rally, it's just a shame ours can't be the same day.

We're coming off a cruise.. doesn't get back to Miami until late morning-mid afternoon on the 10th. A few hours in customs, and we're already into the evening hours.

I'll pledge $50 but I'm not putting it in til tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    I'll pledge $50 but I'm not putting it in til tomorrow.
    Thanks so much! The hope is we can reach our goal by Monday. Sematary will post updates on how much more money we need to go. Looks like we are close half way there in what, a day and a half? That's great!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmg19103 View Post
    Thanks so much! The hope is we can reach our goal by Monday. Sematary will post updates on how much more money we need to go. Looks like we are close half way there in what, a day and a half? That's great!
    We are currently at $371
    We have $629 to go (approximate - depending on final cost).

You might want to put the request on the Daily Paul too, Sematary.

Liberty Bell traveling from Texas to Philly soon

our texas liberty bell will probably be traveling cross country flanked by patriot guard and arriving in philadelphia soon - you all may want to coordinate the events with that and generate some more publicity ending with the rally - you will have to coordinate the dates with the phyllis and david hall bell@actinfo.net

We're now at $391
    Time to kick this puppy into high gear!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You might want to put the request on the Daily Paul too, Sematary.
    Already did yesterday. Thanks

Alright, come on guys, we have quite a ways to go here but I know we can get it done!

Alright - we're halfway there!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good work people lets keep it up!

We're doing good folks - $600 in 24 hours. Let's finish this thing up.

Hoorah!

I'm bumpin this up so all can see. This is going great! This will be a super event, so please donate. A lot of people read this forum and a simple $25 goes a long way if enough contribute. I already gave $50 for the insurance and $50 for the application, as well as all sorts of past donations to other events and the RP campaign - and I'm certainly not very well off. Please help. A lot of small donations will go a long way towards having a huge and historic grassroots rally in the cradle of liberty.

As an aside, the Greater Philly Meetup, which has one of the larger memberships, is having a meeting tonight which I will attend to spread the good word. Will brainstorm with them, but they will be used for pre-event feet on the street marketing. While, if we can get the money, we may have print advertising in the media and we certainly will have press releases to the media for free exposure, they can plaster the town before the event with flyers/posters about it. They also have a college coordinator who is recruiting RP supporters form all the colleges. There are 70,000 students in a couple of colleges within 4 miles of this event. BThe Philly Meetup college coordinator is going to be marketing RP all over the colleges up until the election and recruiting other college students - starting now that school is back in session, and this will get an RP buzz on the campuses leading up to this event. We will look to have a blitz the week before this event marketing it the nearby colleges.

Plus, we have a radio commitment from Michael Smirconish (who already interviewed RP and loved him) the day before the event to talk it up. He has a big conervative listenership in Philly and I also have a RP supporter to develop a website to market the event so we can point people to the website and put it on flyers and marketing material.

RP on Smirconish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqOoR90hksE

I just sent $100. I live in Houston, but I grew up in Bucks County. My family is still there. I am coming up for the Rally, and would love to help out if needed. Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlynne View Post
    I just sent $100. I live in Houston, but I grew up in Bucks County. My family is still there. I am coming up for the Rally, and would love to help out if needed. Please let me know.
    Thankyou.
    We're at $701 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlynne View Post
    Thanks for the donation! Great that you will be at the rally and bring your whole family to the rally!

As we get closer to the event, there will be things people can do to help who are in the Philly area (the Meetups in particlular but anyone who wants to help) in regards to plastering Philly with literature about the event right before it and helping get things set up the morning of the event.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast