Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NMI to live blog GOP pre-primary convention

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think if you ask nicely, they will change your your name. I've seen a few people do that.
    Great! I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully RPH can add some insight into this thread -- he seemed to indicate (via Facebook) that there were more votes cast than delegates? In combination with Kokesh missing the 20% threshold by (maybe) 1 or 2 votes, I smell dirty tactics.....
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Great! I'll give it a shot! Thanks!
    Ask Bruno. I know for sure he used to be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    Hopefully RPH can add some insight into this thread -- he seemed to indicate (via Facebook) that there were more votes cast than delegates? In combination with Kokesh missing the 20% threshold by (maybe) 1 or 2 votes, I smell dirty tactics.....
    It's not like they care if they're caught cheating. Look at Nevada. She's the frontrunner now.

Bruno. Got it.

Just RTed your Open Letter! It was excellent! (I hadn't seen it before. I'm following too many people, I think...)

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It's not like they care if they're caught cheating. Look at Nevada. She's the frontrunner now.
    Oh no doubt, and I fully expect them to cheat and hack the system to keep their stranglehold over it -- but I'm interested in hearing that aspect of the story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

First off, this pre-primary convention was like a straw poll off the GOP establishment, (who was never our base) The system here is designed to keep grassroots candidates out. From what I heard they manipulated things so that Adam was kept just under 20%, so as not to appear too suspicious and piss off the base, but to make it harder for us to do what needs to be done. We will have to sit down with more of our friends who were in the closed convention. I've heard lots of conflicting stories about the "certified" delegate situation. Some say it was just a temporary roll, some say it was binding.

There has been lots of "rule breaking" by the establishment all through the process. GOP county execs, who are supposed to stay neutral, were active for Tom, etc. we may never know the depth of involvement, but we have some good indications that the State GOP had determined that Adam be shut out at this stage of the process.

Some delegates challenged the results on the floor and they called District 3 back in, but nothing came of it. We need more details before any formal complaints...

The worst thing though, was some smear cards that were put on some tables and passed out during Adam's Speech by delegates from Taos. This was completely against the rules of the closed convention (no literature in the convention)

The smear cards had pictures of Adam being arrested in DC, wearing a keffiyeh in Iraq holding a pistol, holding a Gadsden Flag in MO with the term "Domestic Terrorist" underneath, etc...

One of the cards said on the back:

IS ADAM KOKESH A 911 TRUTHER?

It then had an unattributed quote about questioning 911 and then a line about "These are the top Infowarriors in this movement"

Adam Kokesh
    Alex Jones
    Andrew Napolitano
    Charlie Sheen
    Cindy Sheehan
    Ron Paul
    Cynthia McKinney

and some name I can't remember (half the team is still in ABQ with the cards, I'm back in Santa Fe.)

After the convention ended, Bradley went to talk to Congressman Pete Sessions (Chairman of the NRCC) whom he knows on a first name basis. As soon as they started talking the State Chairman and Tom M suddenly appeared at their side and they went white as Bradley pulled out the smear cards to show Sessions...

We also had a good talk with another of the NRCC guys who understands the GOP will not be able to win squat if they continue to work against us using dirty tricks.

I am still digesting and will update later after we have a post event meeting. The bottom line is we plan on getting thousands of signatures (which will be sure to be challenged) in the next 10 days and could certainly use held from folk in neighboring states...

Luckily, I am used to dirty tricks and will use the outrage as fuel

Here are some relevant quotes from an article

“I’m for Adam Kokesh!” former Corrales mayor Gary Kanin declared when asked what he thought of the convention. “Mullins can get the Republican vote, but he’s not gonna do diddly in Santa Fe and Rio Arriba. If you can’t get the Democratic vote as a Republican, you’re not gonna win.”

Kokesh got only 19.5% of the delegates’ vote, which means he’ll have to collect signatures in order to make it on the ballot for District 3. That fact, to Kanin, is “embarrassing: They’re too glued to a successful, business-oriented candidate who cannot win the election.”
    http://www.sfreeper.com/2010/03/13/g...moore-win-big/

Onward and forward
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    First off, this pre-primary convention was like a straw poll off the GOP establishment, (who was never our base) The system here is designed to keep grassroots candidates out. From what I heard they manipulated things so that Adam was kept just under 20%, so as not to appear too suspicious and piss off the base, but to make it harder for us to do what needs to be done. We will have to sit down with more of our friends who were in the closed convention. I've heard lots of conflicting stories about the "certified" delegate situation. Some say it was just a temporary roll, some say it was binding.

There has been lots of "rule breaking" by the establishment all through the process. GOP county execs, who are supposed to stay neutral, were active for Tom, etc. we may never know the depth of involvement, but we have some good indications that the State GOP had determined that Adam be shut out at this stage of the process.

Some delegates challenged the results on the floor and they called District 3 back in, but nothing came of it. We need more details before any formal complaints...

The worst thing though, was some smear cards that were put on some tables and passed out during Adam's Speech by delegates from Taos. This was completely against the rules of the closed convention (no literature in the convention)

The smear cards had pictures of Adam being arrested in DC, wearing a keffiyeh in Iraq holding a pistol, holding a Gadsden Flag in MO with the term "Domestic Terrorist" underneath, etc...

One of the cards said on the back:

IS ADAM KOKESH A 911 TRUTHER?

It then had an unattributed quote about questioning 911 and then a line about "These are the top Infowarriors in this movement"

Adam Kokesh
    Alex Jones
    Andrew Napolitano
    Charlie Sheen
    Cindy Sheehan
    Ron Paul
    Cynthia McKinney

and some name I can't remember (half the team is still in ABQ with the cards, I'm back in Santa Fe.)

After the convention ended, Bradley went to talk to Congressman Pete Sessions (Chairman of the NRCC) whom he knows on a first name basis. As soon as they started talking the State Chairman and Tom M suddenly appeared at their side and they went white as Bradley pulled out the smear cards to show Sessions...

We also had a good talk with another of the NRCC guys who understands the GOP will not be able to win squat if they continue to work against us using dirty tricks.

I am still digesting and will update later after we have a post event meeting. The bottom line is we plan on getting thousands of signatures (which will be sure to be challenged) in the next 10 days and could certainly use held from folk in neighboring states...

Luckily, I am used to dirty tricks and will use the outrage as fuel

Here are some relevant quotes from an article

http://www.sfreeper.com/2010/03/13/g...moore-win-big/

Onward and forward
    Thanks for the update - keep up the great work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks so much for the update, boss!

Why am I not surprised the state and local GOP apparatchiks would stoop to such underhanded tactics. But will the NRCC do anything about the ballot shenanigans and smear cards being illegally distributed? Knocking Mullins off the ballot, and the GOP goons who took part in both being stripped of their party positions would please me greatly, and would be justified. I suppose proving it is the hardest part.

Shenanigans like these is why Paul was so adamant about his army becoming precinct committeemen. All politics truly is local.

I assume KokeshforCongress.com will update re collecting sigs. So I'll keep checking that, and will donate more $$ to fund the process.

Via your link (from a link within the link):

At least one thing [Kokesh] says is guaranteed to piss you off, no matter what your political views may be. For instance:

“[W]e don’t have a capitalist system in the United States, and it drives me crazy to hear people blame capitalism for where we are today. We have a system of corporatism and crony capitalism.”
    It's true. Too bad more conservatives don't say the same and correct the misinformation that's out there today! That's what pisses me off.

Unfortunately, it is not just the delegates. Kokesh has begun to poll behind Mullen--way behind.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by randolphfuller View Post
    Unfortunately, it is not just the delegates. Kokesh has begun to poll behind Mullen--way behind.
    Proof? No head-to-head poll numbers have come out in this race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    Proof? No head-to-head poll numbers have come out in this race.
    The one poll was for the Governors Race, with a side poll of the congressional races. It polled 400 voters statewide. Adam came out slightly behind TM in one crosstab, but did have high unfavorables. This was partly our fault due to too much "r3VOLution" in the messaging and has been rectified. What is most telling is the vast majority had "no opinion" and that is what we are now working on.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by randolphfuller View Post
    I call bull$#@!. It's Mullins... not Mullen.
    Last edited by Travlyr; 03-14-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

It just goes to show that they haven't learned they lesson. Each time a state, county, or city party does this to us--we'll come back and make them hurt over it (whether by voting against them, running third party candidates, or just generally being obstructionist). I have no problem playing that role. I want my liberty--it was mine and they're perpetuating a system that took it from me. In every locality where they don't want to bring us to the table...well...we should aim to misbehave.

However--I will say that I'm impressed Kokesh had the support of a former mayor and stuff. It's a shame Gov. Johnson didn't endorse Turner and Kokesh. His 501c3 doesn't stop him from doing that...

Kokesh has unique enough positioning that I'd advocate an indy run if it looks like he's nowhere near getting the GOP nod.

The Democrats rounded up. New Mexico state law may require Kokesh to be on the ballot. We'll see what the Republicans do.

h ttp://newmexicoindependent.com/49778/campos-qualified-for-the-ballot-after-all-dems-say
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

did kokesh expect this happen? and if kokesh can't get more than 20%, how will he do against mullins in the actual primary?
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    did kokesh expect this happen? and if kokesh can't get more than 20%, how will he do against mullins in the actual primary?
    more voters, less active that the first pre-primary.
    numbers could be a lot different.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary Johnson became governor after getting 21%. Just 2% more than Kokesh.

well that is good to hear. I hope the people in New Mexico get out to vote!

19% of the party LEADERSHIP vote. It doesn't represent the average citizen of New Mexico's 3rd District...right?
    "With respect to the words 'General Welfare', I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." - James Madison, 1831

Yea, it is still disappointing that he only recieved 19 percent. Is New Mexico really that neo-conned? I thought Ron Paulers would have infiltrated the parties by now!

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    The Democrats rounded up. New Mexico state law may require Kokesh to be on the ballot. We'll see what the Republicans do.

h ttp://newmexicoindependent.com/49778/campos-qualified-for-the-ballot-after-all-dems-say
    and hopefully this applies to Kokesh, 1000 signatures may take a lot of limited resources to acquire.

Sorry for the multiple posts...but I just read that Mullins supporters handed out cards at the convention. Do we have anything on Mullins or is he clean?

Gary Johnson only got 21%.

Yeah, I read somewhere that when Ron Paul was running for Congress in 1996, his opponent had all the "big name" Republicans of the time like Gingrich and Armey on his side...and Ron won anyways. Having the establishment behind you doesn't always carry as much weight as it seems.
    "With respect to the words 'General Welfare', I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." - James Madison, 1831

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12