PDA

View Full Version : My Letter Sent To ALL NH Newspapers Today...

walt
10-07-2007, 09:04 AM
New Hampshire has had a long and storied history of allowing the wonderful people of the “Live Free or Die” state to interact directly with the Presidential candidates. For decades, the character of those candidates could be witnessed up close right up until primary day so people could be fully informed when they made their selection for President. It is what has made the New Hampshire primary unique.

That heritage is about to come to a sad and abrupt end. Not because of the actions of other states moving up their primary but due to the actions of your very own Secretary of State, William Gardner! His recent decision to make the New Hampshire primary a closed primary with a party affiliation change date three months in advance is completely out of line with the states traditions and is completely outrageous.

It is my belief that this change was made for one reason and one reason only, to intentionally disenfranchise New Hampshire voters the ability to get to know and chose to eventually vote for strict constitutionalist and hopeful ideas of Ron Paul in the New Hampshire Primary. I ask the citizens of New Hampshire to rise up and demand that this party change deadline be moved back to the primary date itself regardless of what candidate you presently support. If not reversed, the New Hampshire primary not only risks losing it’s relevancy completely in future primary cycles but also risks becoming a complete laughing stock of the entire nation and world. Please seek reversal of this closed primary declaration that is directly in conflict with New Hampshire’s slogan, Live Free or Die. New Hampshire’s, and perhaps the nations, future relevance depends on it.

email addresses in this thread - let's see some more letters!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22727

RP4ME
10-07-2007, 09:08 AM
good letter let u know what happens - send it to the TV stations!!

paulitics
10-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I have a big question. Please someone give me a researched answer, because I hear something different all the time.

Do we even know if this is something NEW from NH, or have they always had a 90 day deadline? this is important, because if its tradition for them to hold their deadline 90 days before the election, than we can't say this is for the sole reason of RP running.

walt
10-07-2007, 09:21 AM
I vividly recall republicans switching to democrats to vote for Tsongas in 92. I can't say for certain that it was the day of the primary (it was 15 years ago) but I can say for certain it wasn't three months.

FreedomLover
10-07-2007, 09:50 AM
New Hampshire has had a long and storied history of allowing the wonderful people of the “Live Free or Die” state to interact directly with the Presidential candidates. For decades, the character of those candidates could be witnessed up close right up until primary day so people could be fully informed when they made their selection for President. It is what has made the New Hampshire primary unique.

That heritage is about to come to a sad and abrupt end. Not because of the actions of other states moving up their primary but due to the actions of your very own Secretary of State, William Gardner! His recent decision to make the New Hampshire primary a closed primary with a party affiliation change date three months in advance is completely out of line with the states traditions and is completely outrageous.

It is my belief that this change was made for one reason and one reason only, to intentionally disenfranchise New Hampshire voters the ability to get to know and chose to eventually vote for strict constitutionalist and hopeful ideas of Ron Paul in the New Hampshire Primary. I ask the citizens of New Hampshire to rise up and demand that this party change deadline be moved back to the primary date itself regardless of what candidate you presently support. If not reversed, the New Hampshire primary not only risks losing it’s relevancy completely in future primary cycles but also risks becoming a complete laughing stock of the entire nation and world. Please seek reversal of this closed primary declaration that is directly in conflict with New Hampshire’s slogan, Live Free or Die. New Hampshire’s, and perhaps the nations, future relevance depends on it.

email addresses in this thread - let's see some more letters!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22727

You're basically insinuating that the only way ron paul can win is to get democrats to switch over and vote for him.

I think you could have left ron paul out of the mix completely...pretty much the entire last paragraph is overly-dramatic, most states are close dprimary, and NH still allows both independents and republicans to vote in the republican primary.

It's kind of a moot point since you already sent it, but those are my thoughts.

walt
10-07-2007, 09:56 AM
You're basically insinuating that the only way ron paul can win is to get democrats to switch over and vote for him.

I think you could have left ron paul out of the mix completely...pretty much the entire last paragraph is overly-dramatic, most states are close dprimary, and NH still allows both independents and republicans to vote in the republican primary.

It's kind of a moot point since you already sent it, but those are my thoughts.

NH has a large bank of people who shift parties over the years. NH is very proud of the first primary status. To assert that one of their own will end it will raise eyebrows.

I look forward to seeing the letter that you send in. I hope it's better than mine and that is gets published.

Geronimo
10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Here's a list of NH publications, in case you missed any.

Thanks for the out of state help!

Concord Monitor
Email: letters@cmonitor.com
Snail Mail: P. O. Box 177, Concord, 03302
Fax: 603.224.8120

Dover Community News
Email: dcn@seacoastonline.com
Snail Mail: Dover Community News, PO Box 1987, Dover, NH 03821
Fax: 603.679.8916

Foster's Daily Democrat
Email: letters@fosters.com
Snail Mail: 333 Central Ave, Dover, 03820
Fax: 603.749.4029

Keene Sentinel
Email: news@keenesentinel.com
Snail Mail: 60 West St., Keene, 03431
Fax: 603.352.0437

Laconia Citizen
Email: letters@citizen.com
Snail Mail: 171 Fair St., Laconia, NH 03246
Fax: 603.527.3593

Laconia Daily Sun
Email: news@laconiadailysun.com
Snail Mail: 65 Water Street, Laconia, NH 03246
Fax: 603.527.0056

Meredith News
Email: mnews@salmonpress.com
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 729, Meredith, NH 03253

Nashua Telegraph
Email: letters@telegraph-nh.com
Snail Mail: P. O. Box 1008, Nashua, 03061
Fax: 603.882.5138

The New Hampshire
Online Form: Letters
Snail Mail: Rm 156 Memorial Union Bld., UNH, 83 Main St., Durham NH, 03824
Fax: 603.862.1920

Portsmouth Herald
Email: news@seacoastonline.com
Snail mail: 111 Maplewood Avenue, Portsmouth, 03801
Fax: 603.427.0550

Rockingham News
Email: rockinghamnews@seacoastonline.com
Snail Mail: Rockingham News, PO Box 1104, Hampton, NH 03842
Fax: 603.772.3830

Union Leader
Email: letters@theunionleader.com
Snail Mail: Attention: Letters to the Editor, P. O. Box 955 Manchester, 03108-9555

Valley News
Email: forum@vnews.com
Snail Mail: The Forum, The Valley News, P. O. Box 877 White River Junction, VT 05001
Fax: 603.298.0212

Weirs Times
Email: mailboat@weirs.com
Fax: 603.366.7301

Littleton Courier
couriernews@salmonpress.com
Paper in Littleton NH

Caledonian Record
http://www.caledonianrecord.com/page..._to_editor.php