PDA

View Full Version : Letters to the Editor in NH Papers

Geronimo
10-05-2007, 05:15 AM
This has been initiated by Jim Forsythe of HQNH. I just thought I'd pass the info on.

What: Write an LTE

When: Wednesday, October 10, 7:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Let's try to get several LTEs in each week. It's really simple - write something short and sweet about how you support Dr Paul. Submit it to as many newspapers as you want, listed below. Please then RSVP, and feel free to add your LTE in the text of the RSVP. This will be a a recurring appointment.

Concord Monitor
Email: letters@cmonitor.com
Snail Mail: P. O. Box 177, Concord, 03302
Fax: 603.224.8120

Dover Community News
Email: dcn@seacoastonline.com
Snail Mail: Dover Community News, PO Box 1987, Dover, NH 03821
Fax: 603.679.8916

Foster?s Daily Democrat
Email: letters@fosters.com
Snail Mail: 333 Central Ave, Dover, 03820
Fax: 603.749.4029

Keene Sentinel
Email: news@keenesentinel.com
Snail Mail: 60 West St., Keene, 03431
Fax: 603.352.0437

Laconia Citizen
Email: letters@citizen.com
Snail Mail: 171 Fair St., Laconia, NH 03246
Fax: 603.527.3593

Laconia Daily Sun
Email: news@laconiadailysun.com
Snail Mail: 65 Water Street, Laconia, NH 03246
Fax: 603.527.0056

Meredith News
Email: mnews@salmonpress.com
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 729, Meredith, NH 03253

Nashua Telegraph
Email: letters@telegraph-nh.com
Snail Mail: P. O. Box 1008, Nashua, 03061
Fax: 603.882.5138

The New Hampshire
Online Form: Letters
Snail Mail: Rm 156 Memorial Union Bld., UNH, 83 Main St., Durham NH, 03824
Fax: 603.862.1920

Portsmouth Herald
Email: news@seacoastonline.com
Snail mail: 111 Maplewood Avenue, Portsmouth, 03801
Fax: 603.427.0550

Rockingham News
Email: rockinghamnews@seacoastonline.com
Snail Mail: Rockingham News, PO Box 1104, Hampton, NH 03842
Fax: 603.772.3830

Union Leader
Email: letters@theunionleader.com
Snail Mail: Attention: Letters to the Editor, P. O. Box 955 Manchester, 03108-9555

Valley News
Email: forum@vnews.com
Snail Mail: The Forum, The Valley News, P. O. Box 877 White River Junction, VT 05001
Fax: 603.298.0212

Weirs Times
Email: mailboat@weirs.com
Fax: 603.366.7301

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6/calendar/6484504/

zahirakids
10-05-2007, 05:18 AM
what about the Littleton courier, and the Caledonian Record which crosses between VT and NH.

Geronimo
10-05-2007, 05:24 AM
Put up some links to those papers. I would but I gotta run out the door to go to work.

Thunderbolt
10-05-2007, 05:36 AM
This is great. How about we all post the letters we are writing that way we can polish them up and make them better as we go along?

I will start:

To whom it may concern: First off I want to make sure people are aware of new deadline for voters in NH. This information was not posted on the state website until October 3, 2007. NH has a closed primary now. If you want to vote for a Republican like say, Ron Paul, you MUST, I repeat MUST change your voter registration to either Republican or Undeclared or you will not be able to vote for him. Vice versa of course if you want to vote for a Democrat.

Here is the catch. If you originally registered as undeclared, the state may have changed your party status if you voted for a person of a specific party. The website is unclear as to exactly how: http://www.sos.nh.gov/vote.htm. So call the state. Ask them for proof of which party you are registered under. Check to see if you are registered the way you think you are. You only have one week left to do this, otherwise you will not be able to vote in the primaries for the candidate of your choice.

Also, for those of you that have wanted to wait until you have a little more information before deciding on a person or even a party, please check out Ron Paul before committing to either party. His popularity stretches across party lines. He is truly the man for the people, though most people have not heard of him.

I hate to hit you with this so soon, but being that you only have one week to make a decision that will affect your right to vote for him...Here is a website that gives you links to articles he has written, videos he is in, and is an all around great way to find out about him: http://www.ronpaulportal.com/ Once people really learn about his policies and do some digging they tend to get hooked. So, I must warn you, it is possible you will crave more and more information about him. He can be addicting.

In case you haven't heard, Ron Paul currently has legislation in Congress that he wrote called the Tax Free Tips Act that would make all tips tax free. If any group deserves a break on taxes it is the folks in the service industry for once as opposed to the folks that hire the folks in the service industry! Call you congressman and tell him or her to support this legislation. It is bill number H.R. 3664.

Yours truly,

blah blah blah

Hopefully, that is not terrible and that can be a decent thing to send out. Hopefully, the next person will run with this and write something else as well. I am not trying to get the perfect email that we all send out. I am only trying to get us all to share our ideas so that each email can be better than the last.

zahirakids
10-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Littleton courier
couriernews@salmonpress.com
Paper in Littleton NH

Caledonian Record
http://www.caledonianrecord.com/pages/letters_to_editor/submit_letter_to_editor.php

Paper in St. Johnsbury VT, and Littleton NH

Geronimo
10-06-2007, 11:59 PM
This is great. How about we all post the letters we are writing that way we can polish them up and make them better as we go along?

I will start:

To whom it may concern: First off I want to make sure people are aware of new deadline for voters in NH. This information was not posted on the state website until October 3, 2007. NH has a closed primary now. If you want to vote for a Republican like say, Ron Paul, you MUST, I repeat MUST change your voter registration to either Republican or Undeclared or you will not be able to vote for him. Vice versa of course if you want to vote for a Democrat.

Here is the catch. If you originally registered as undeclared, the state may have changed your party status if you voted for a person of a specific party. The website is unclear as to exactly how: http://www.sos.nh.gov/vote.htm. So call the state. Ask them for proof of which party you are registered under. Check to see if you are registered the way you think you are. You only have one week left to do this, otherwise you will not be able to vote in the primaries for the candidate of your choice.

Also, for those of you that have wanted to wait until you have a little more information before deciding on a person or even a party, please check out Ron Paul before committing to either party. His popularity stretches across party lines. He is truly the man for the people, though most people have not heard of him.

I hate to hit you with this so soon, but being that you only have one week to make a decision that will affect your right to vote for him...Here is a website that gives you links to articles he has written, videos he is in, and is an all around great way to find out about him: http://www.ronpaulportal.com/ Once people really learn about his policies and do some digging they tend to get hooked. So, I must warn you, it is possible you will crave more and more information about him. He can be addicting.

Yours truly,

blah blah blah

Hopefully, that is not terrible and that can be a decent thing to send out. Hopefully, the next person will run with this and write something else as well. I am not trying to get the perfect email that we all send out. I am only trying to get us all to share our ideas so that each email can be better than the last.

I used some of what you wrote and added some more to it. I still need to tweak it a bit, but this is basically what I'll be sending out.

I'm writing because I want to make sure that people are aware of a new deadline for voters in NH. This information was not posted on the state website until October 3, 2007, and only a small handful of NH papers gave this news any attention. NH now has a closed primary. If you've voted Democrat in the past and want to vote for a Republican you must change your voter registration to either Republican or Undeclared by October 12th, or you might not be able to vote for the candidate of your choice. Vice versa if you want to vote for a Democrat. If you originally registered as undeclared, the state may have changed your party status if you voted for a person of a specific party last time. Call the state, or go to the town hall and ask them for proof of which party you are registered under. A safe bet is to register as undeclared, but remember that you only have less than a week left to do this.

If you wanted to wait until you have a little more information before deciding on a person or even a party, please check out Ron Paul before committing to either party. His popularity stretches across both party lines, bringing together people from both parties who are unhappy with the political path that their party has chosen. Most people have not heard of Ron Paul, and the mainstream media has been trying to keep it that way. Do your own online video research on Ron Paul and you'll soon find out why Ron Paul is probably the mainstream media's best kept secret. It's because he speaks the truth, and the truth is something that we don't usually see from the modern day politician. Every president swears to uphold the Constitution, though we all know that following through with that promise isn't a very common practice. Our Constitution is something that every president should have adhered to, and over the years both political parties have strayed so far from the ideals of our founding fathers that the notion of living by the words of our constitution is the social equivalent of being unpatriotic. Ron Paul's message of actually living up to the words of our founding fathers and obeying our constitution shouldn't need to be considered a revolutionary act. A teacher of mine once told me that sometimes it's best to go back and read the directions before we can understand the mistakes that we've made.

Do a little research on Ron Paul and ask yourself if the current state of our country is something that our founding fathers warned us about. Thomas Jefferson once said "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent". In this day and age of fraudulent elections I ask that you not remain silent, and that you get out there and vote for whoever you feel will bring this country back to where it should be.

Thunderbolt
10-07-2007, 04:42 AM
Good job Geronimo! I like yours much better. But I suppose we can't all send out the same letter! We need some other ideas folks. Other letters. Join us?

Thunderbolt
10-07-2007, 04:55 AM
I am also going to try this one:

I am so glad that Ron Paul is getting a little more press these days. I think he is the most exciting candidate on the scene. He is open and honest and always has the best interests of us people down here on the ground. He is truly the man for the people, not big corporations.

I believe that Ron Paul is the only man who can beat Hillary Clinton. He is the only viable candidate that will end this war (maybe not today, but as soon as he gets into office). I also believe we can support the troops the best by supporting the presidential candidate who gets the most support from the troops. He is the man they want.

Ron Paul is a modern day Thomas Jefferson. He offers us real hope and freedom. He is the only one that offers us a change. He has been consistent for the twenty years he has been in Congress. I believe you can trust a man to behave in the future the way he has behaved in the past. I am finally excited about politics and have hope I haven't had in a long long time.

I have never voted for a Republican before, but this man truly crosses all party lines.