Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RFK Jr. endorses abortion up to birth

RFK Jr. endorses abortion up to birth

https://twitter.com/i/status/1788577379889070161

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First they convinced a critical mass of people to breathe their own exhaust for a year and a half. Then they convinced a critical mass of teenagers to cut off their tits.

But don't worry, everyone, they totally won't convince women to kill their children. 'Cause apparently they draw a line for what self-harm they'll convince people to do.

I'm not sure how a guy who is supposed to be critical of the vaccination situation would be even capable of thinking that.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    First they convinced a critical mass of people to breathe their own exhaust for a year and a half. Then they convinced a critical mass of teenagers to cut off their tits.

But don't worry, everyone, they totally won't convince women to kill their children. 'Cause apparently they draw a line for what self-harm they'll convince people to do.

I'm not sure how a guy who is supposed to be critical of the vaccination situation would be even capable of thinking that.
    Good point.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

I think this clip may be out of context, I'm waiting to read more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think this clip may be out of context, I'm waiting to read more about it.
    1:04:00

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

@dannno

Did you beat me or did I beat you?

Merge maybe?>

My response from the the other thread that already has this covered:

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I agree with his position. Tax payer money, fed or state, should not be involved. If a person wishes an abortion, which is dreadfully wrong, let it be out of their own pocket, not mine, or your tax dollars from another state.

It seems every single issue one can think of becomes politicized, and as most should know by now, one cannot legislate morality.

RFK Jr.: "We shouldn't have government involved."
    Last edited by PAF; 05-09-2024 at 10:17 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Well, if you believe that this involves murdering a human life, then the statement that "we shouldn't have government involved" becomes a little problematic, dontcha think??

Obviously, I don't support RFK's view here and neither does the SCOTUS. But for some reason, we all expect any third party candidate to be absolutely in line with every position we hold, while we make every concession for major party candidates. It's like Stockholm syndrome.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Obviously, I don't support RFK's view here and neither does the SCOTUS. But for some reason, we all expect any third party candidate to be absolutely in line with every position we hold, while we make every concession for major party candidates. It's like Stockholm syndrome.
    And while we're letting the likes of Swordsmyth tell us when to let the perfect be the enemy of the good, and when not to, Jab Daddy Trump and Winter of Severe Illness and Death Biden are getting away with murdering adults wholesale by tag team.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And while we're letting the likes of Swordsmyth tell us when to let the perfect be the enemy of the good, and when not to, Jab Daddy Trump and Winter of Severe Illness and Death Biden are getting away with murdering adults wholesale by tag team.

Not to mention, that @Swordsmyth won't mention, that his savior Trump has signed more money-funding into Family Planning than Obama or any other president.

And the mere mention of defunding anything, well, that raises the hair on his skin and puts him into a tizzy.

@CaptUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1788577379889070161

In the same sentence he said "Leave it to the states" and then he said 'Leave it to the woman...don't have the government involved"...but the states are government. I don't think he thought that one through.

Anyhow, it's sad that there has not been a civil national conversation on this issue. I completely reject the "life begins at conception so all abortion at anytime should be illegal" point of view which recently played out in Alabama in a panic over IVF clinics but I also completely reject the "it's not a life until it takes it's first breath" point of view. Under English common law abortion was legal until the "quickening" which is when a woman can feel the baby move which is about 14 weeks. After that it was illegal. I can live with that. I don't believe in "rape / incest" exceptions because that's based on nothing but emotion. You wouldn't allow the toddler of a rapist to be murdered would you? I do accept a mother's life, and possibly physical health exception. It's possible, though very rare (as in only once so far) for an ectopic pregnancy to last to week 14. Such a pregnancy is dangerous to the mother. I'm not sure about an exception if the baby is late term but not viable.

Here's the funny thing. Most Americans share my view. They want restrictions on abortion but for the procedure to remain legal under certain circumstances. Even liberal NPR had to admit that.

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/26/11718...ates-are-going

So why are the politicians staking out the extreme positions?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And the pundits too, in lockstep.

You know why. All part of the divide and conquer psyop. Civil, rational discourse never got anyone appointed dictator. It never led to communism.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-10-2024 at 07:14 AM.

Most Americans share my view. They want restrictions on abortion but for the procedure to remain legal under certain circumstances.
    I'm pretty close to that view myself. In the law, there's a way to handle exception cases. It's called prosecutorial discretion. So, you set the state law for the majority of instances and allow for prosecutors to decide when and if to prosecute. If the prosecutor is too lenient for the local public, they can have the prosecutor removed. If the prosecutor goes too far to try to punish, a jury can weigh in. (And if it happens too often for the local public, they can have the DA removed) Of course, the voting public only hears about the law and not the enforcement mechanisms of the law.

For my state, I'd prefer allowing all contraception, including the Plan B. Then, providing a 2-week grace period after the woman is aware of the pregnancy - anything after that and they're subject to prosecution. Then, let the DA's decide which cases to bring. The woman and the doctor both have an incentive to not terminate after the grace period unless they have some sort of reasonable defense to murder. It's still not perfect, but nothing is.

I always say that if you've come to your conclusion on this topic easily, you haven't thought about it long enough.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

I'm pretty close to that view myself. In the law, there's a way to handle exception cases. It's called prosecutorial discretion. So, you set the state law for the majority of instances and allow for prosecutors to decide when and if to prosecute. If the prosecutor is too lenient for the local public, they can have the prosecutor removed. If the prosecutor goes too far to try to punish, a jury can weigh in. (And if it happens too often for the local public, they can have the DA removed) Of course, the voting public only hears about the law and not the enforcement mechanisms of the law.

For my state, I'd prefer allowing all contraception, including the Plan B. Then, providing a 2-week grace period after the woman is aware of the pregnancy - anything after that and they're subject to prosecution. Then, let the DA's decide which cases to bring. The woman and the doctor both have an incentive to not terminate after the grace period unless they have some sort of reasonable defense to murder. It's still not perfect, but nothing is.

I always say that if you've come to your conclusion on this topic easily, you haven't thought about it long enough.

Explain to me why I personally should pay for other peoples Plan B, contraception and abortion, when I did not participate, nor was it was my decision to participate, in the sexual act?

It's over for him. Fringe candidate now.

Any chance of him capturing a meaningful amount of Trump or Never Trump red staters is done.
    Any chance of him capturing blue state Catholics which was his uncle's base is done.

He won't get over 10%.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Explain to me why I personally should pay for other peoples Plan B, contraception and abortion, when I did not participate, nor was it was my decision to participate, in the sexual act?
    Because that particular private health care plan somehow manages to do that for other customers and still offer you the most for your money.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the same sentence he said "Leave it to the states" and then he said 'Leave it to the woman...don't have the government involved"...but the states are government. I don't think he thought that one through.

Under English common law abortion was legal until the "quickening" which is when a woman can feel the baby move which is about 14 weeks. After that it was illegal. I can live with that. I don't believe in "rape / incest" exceptions because that's based on nothing but emotion. You wouldn't allow the toddler of a rapist to be murdered would you? I do accept a mother's life, and possibly physical health exception.

Here's the funny thing. Most Americans share my view. They want restrictions on abortion but for the procedure to remain legal under certain circumstances.

Even liberal NPR had to admit that.

I owe you a rep.

I have been saying this for years, to me it makes perfect legal, moral and medical sense.

It's how end of life is determined, lacking pulse or brainwaves or respiration.

Once past that point, or the "quickening", then that is a human being, regardless of how young or fragile, and deserves all the legal protections that are afforded any other citizen in a free society.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-10-2024 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    It's over for him. Fringe candidate now.

Any chance of him capturing a meaningful amount of Trump or Never Trump red staters is done.
    Any chance of him capturing blue state Catholics which was his uncle's base is done.

He won't get over 10%.

Of course the world is full of hypocrites and single issue voters. But most don't even know the facts when they cast a vote. As if the bolded wasn't bad enough, other things were in there too:

- As president, Trump threatened to veto, but instead and without hesitation, signed a $1.3 Trillion 2018 Omnibus providing:

- $500 Million to Planned Parenthood.
    - $1.371 Billion for Contributions to International Organizations
    - $51 Million to promote International Family Planning
    - $7 Million promoting International Conservation
    - $10 Million for UN Environmental Programs
    - Internal Revenue Service: Despite the administration’s attempts to slash its budget, the
    Omni-Bus grants $11.431 Billion to the nation’s tax collectors, a $196 million year-to-year
    increase and $456 Million more than Trump requested.
    - Arts: Federal funding for the arts goes up, despite GOP attempts to slash it. The National
    Endowments for the Arts and Humanities will see funding climb to $152.8 Million each, a $3
    Million increase over the last fiscal year. The National Gallery of Art gets $165.9 Million, a $1.04
    Million jump in funding. The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts will receive $40.5
    Million, which is $4 Million more than the last fiscal year.
    - $12 Million for Scholarships for Lebanon
    - $20 Million for Middle East Partnership Initiative Scholarship Program
    - $12 Million in military funding for Vietnam
    - $15 Million in Developmental assistance to China
    - $10 Million for Women LEOs in Afghanistan

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-The-Record

Because that particular private health care plan somehow manages to do that for other customers and still offer you the most for your money.
    A lot of folks in Section 8 don't have the same private health care that I have. Yet, I'm still paying for them.

Of course, the case can be made that they don't utilize the same amount of contraception, they would sooner have the babies to up their welfare.

Wait. Where did I say anything about anyone paying for anyone else?

And this.

You know why. All part of the divide and conquer psyop. Civil, rational discourse never got anyone appointed dictator. It never led to communism.
    Hey, don't blame me...I voted for Kodos.

Wait. Where did I say anything about anyone paying for anyone else?
    Maybe I mistook the statement. If I did, my bad.

For my state, I'd prefer allowing all contraception, including the Plan B.

The same mistake will be made with respect to RFKJr, over and over and over again.

The convenient thing about the internet (for the bad guys) is nobody will look at the "other side"s propaganda outlet. So they can constantly remind Democrats that he wants to kill government funding and convince Republicans that they'll be paying for his late term abortions all at the same time. That wasn't something they could pull off when the TV only had four channels on it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Which reenforces my opinion that:

Yeah, ya did. "allowing" =/= "paying for"

Yeah, ya did. "allowing" =/= "paying for"
    Unlike @Swordsmyth , I am happy to admit when I am wrong ;-)

Which reenforces my opinion that:

So, your position is that the murderer should decide what constitutes murder??

See what I mean by, "If you've come to your conclusion on this topic easily, you haven't thought about it long enough."

Unlike @Swordsmyth , I am happy to admit when I am wrong ;-)

So, your position is that the murderer should decide what constitutes murder??

See what I mean by, "If you've come to your conclusion on this topic easily, you haven't thought about it long enough."

What I am saying is, if "the government is not involved", there wouldn't be politicized sides to choose from, and there would be less burden on the tax payers to supply contraception or abortion, which would be left up to the individual. I do not believe in cradle-to-grave solutions, but rather people learning, thinking and acting as individuals, and taking personal responsibility for their choices and actions.

I am leaving the "murder" part out of it, because there would no government funding. That would be left to the individual and whatever consequences arise, which could be addressed after the funding has ended.
    Last edited by PAF; 05-10-2024 at 08:26 AM.

I believe a life exception must be written into the law the same way that self defense is written into the law as a defense against a murder charge. Would you be okay with leaving self defense totally to prosecutorial discretion? I like the two week grace period after a woman becomes aware, but I have heard of women who for whatever reason didn't know they were pregnant until they were about to deliver.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast