Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RFK Jr.'s 2024 POTUS campaign

RFK Jr.'s 2024 POTUS campaign

Robert F Kennedy Jr to challenge Biden for White House
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65197673
    Chloe Kim (05 April 2023)

Robert F Kennedy Jr has filed election paperwork to run for US president in 2024 as a Democrat.

The 69-year-old is the son of assassinated Senator Robert F Kennedy and nephew of President John F Kennedy.

The environmental lawyer's campaign treasurer, John E Sullivan, confirmed the filing on Wednesday.

Mr Kennedy is an outspoken anti-vaccine campaigner. Instagram removed his account in 2021 for "repeatedly sharing debunked claims", the company said.

US President Joe Biden has indicated he will run for re-election, though he has not yet formally declared his candidacy.

He was previously expected to launch his campaign in early April, but top aides say his timeline has shifted.

CBS News, the BBC's US partner, has reported that he is expected to formally announce a run in early summer now.

Last month, another Democrat, Marianne Williamson, jumped into the presidential race.

In March, Mr Kennedy shared on Twitter that he was considering a run for president.

At the time, he said: "If I run, my top priority will be to end the corrupt merger between state and corporate power that has ruined our economy, shattered the middle class, polluted our landscapes and waters, poisoned our children, and robbed us of our values and freedoms."

As the co-founder of an environmental law firm, Mr Kennedy won plaudits for campaigning on issues such as clean water, including working to clean up the Hudson River in New York.

But his anti-vaccine views have provoked a strong backlash, including from his own family. In 2021 his sister, Kerry Kennedy, called him "very dangerous" on the issue.

In 2019, three other family members penned an op-ed in the news outlet Politico, denouncing Mr Kennedy's anti-vaccine views.

His sister Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, brother Joseph P Kennedy II and niece Maeve Kennedy McKean said his views were "tragically wrong" and have "deadly consequences".

In 2022, Facebook and Instagram removed accounts for an anti-vaccine group founded by Mr Kennedy, Children's Health Defense, for "repeatedly" violating company policies on medical misinformation.

But during the coronavirus pandemic, the organisation flourished, its revenue doubling to $6.8m (£5.5m).

Mr Kennedy also published a book, The Real Anthony Fauci, in which he accused the former US infectious disease chief of "a historic coup d'etat against Western democracy".

He also invoked Nazi Germany during an anti-vaccine speech in Washington, DC last year.

Mr Kennedy has a voice disorder, spasmodic dysphonia, which affects the muscles in his voice box.

He married actress Cheryl Hines in 2014 and lives Los Angeles, California.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Needs a poll. When he gets shot the Trump crowd will say Trump didn't because...

Trump grabbed the wheel?

It was done by a lone wolf Marxist (oxymoron, much?) who was afraid a Kennedy would contaminate the Democratic Party?

It wasn't about politics, it was just a Kennedy family tradition?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-05-2023 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Third Kennedy assasssination incoming? Can't have him going around giving televised speeches about the evils of big pharma.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    RFK Jr is quite the interesting candidate. I can't imagine I would have much in common with him or views outside of vaccines, but he at least shows leadership and a willingness to buck the establishment. Doesn't seem like a typical politician.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I saw RFK Jr. announce his intention to run for president on the Jimmy Dore show.

RFJ Jr. was anti Fauci before being anti Fauci was cool. Trump kept tweeting "Fire Fauci." RFK Jr. never would have given Fauci the job of point man on COVID in the first place.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Third Kennedy assasssination incoming? Can't have him going around giving televised speeches about the evils of big pharma.
    Maybe its just better that they hear it from a Kennedy. I know that it's spelled "Kennedy" but I can't help but hear "Stolypin" for some reason. Having said that, its because I'm beyond cynical and do not believe there is anyone in a white hat coming to save us.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Picture the government as a new style car with all the bells and whistles. It is pretty much automatic. Most things are maintenance free. This car doesn't care who drives it.

They are going to demonize him.

This is enormous news.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    They are going to demonize him.

This is enormous news.
    Not if they can help it.

No, I feel sure he Must Not Be Named.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Not if they can help it.

It is impossible to bury him out of the news. What's going to hurt him more is his larynx disorder.
    This puts pressure on the mainstream Dems to lock in Michelle Obama or some other charismatic young candidate.
    Biden is completely done.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    It is impossible to bury him out of the news.
    Maybe. I feel sure they'll try it, though. So, we'll see.

Wow! Love Daniel McAdams.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

How long until people start saying RFK Jr. and Trump are secretly working together?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Not if they can help it.

Who? Haven’t heard a thing on MSM (brought to you by Pfizer).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would accept JFK jr. over HRC, Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Obama, Schumer, Pelosi, and so many others.

At least he has principles and integrity.

Announcement Live Stream starts 11:30 AM

Speech at Noon

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I almost didn't notice that, but wow. If he just toed the line the headlines would lead with "a new Kennedy" with the promise of a return to Camelot. Their first words wouldn't be "pro-vaccine activist" or "anti-medical choice activist."
    Last edited by RJB; 04-19-2023 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    How long until people start saying RFK Jr. and Trump are secretly working together?
    They'll probably smear him as a "Russian agent" as they did Tulsi Gabbard.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I almost didn't notice that, but wow. If he just toed the line the headlines would lead with "a new Kennedy" with the promise of a return to Camelot. There first words wouldn't be "pro-vaccine activist" or "anti-medical choice activist."

Wow. We think like geniuses.

Other things equal, I'd take an "outlandish" conspiracy theorist over a "respectable" establishment hack (Democrat or Republican). The bull$#@! we are being fed by the establishment hacks is much worse - and far more dangerous - than anything being peddled by the so-called "conspiracy theorists".

As far as I have ever seen, believing in things like "9/11 truth" or "chemtrails" doesn't involve endorsing policies that curtail or destroy liberty. IOW: I prefer "9/11 truthers" over "common sense" gun-grabbers, and "chemtrail" believers over "climate change" alarmists.

(I have no idea what RFK Jr.'s positions on gun control and "climate change" are, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he is awful on those issues - but even if so, that still doesn't have anything to do with whatever he thinks about 9/11 or "chemtrails" or whatnot.)

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/sta...45205414125575
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-19-2023 at 02:27 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Other things equal, I'd take a "wacky" conspiracy theorist over a "respectable" establishment hack (Democrat or Republican). The bull$#@! we are being fed by the establishment hacks is far worse and far more dangerous than anything being peddled by the so-called "conspiracy theorists".

As far as I have ever seen, believing in things like "9/11 truth" or "chemtrails" doesn't involve endorsing policies that curtail or destroy liberty. IOW: I prefer "9/11 truthers" over "common-sense" gun-grabbers, and "chemtrail" believers over "climate change" alarmists.

(I have no idea what RFK Jr.'s positions on gun control and "climate change" are. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he is awful on those issues - but even if so, that still doesn't have anything to do with whatever he thinks about 9/11 or "chemtrails" or whatnot.)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

I can't wait for Biden to say Kennedy is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I can't wait for Biden to say Kennedy is crazy.
    I watched the whole speech and loved it.

One thing I will add, is that a complaint against Trump is that he was a Democrat. And that's true, however, he was a Democrat from the 1980s. The scary thing is that the modern Democrats saw that as a right wing extremist. Yeah, I would prefer a libertarian, but I will take a (relatively) honest 1980s Democrat over the modern day hacks whether Republicans or Democrats. These days, I would just prefer sanity over my principles. Basically I am against the clown show. Clown world ain't funny anymore.

And yes, I know politics is bread and circuses these days. I know Trump, RFK, Desantis, etc are probably all puppets, but I can't fall into hopeless cynicism. I don't put my faith in them, but at this point in time standing on the side of sanity is about all I can do.

Other things equal, I'd take an "outlandish" conspiracy theorist over a "respectable" establishment hack (Democrat or Republican). The bull$#@! we are being fed by the establishment hacks is much worse - and far more dangerous - than anything being peddled by the so-called "conspiracy theorists".

As far as I have ever seen, believing in things like "9/11 truth" or "chemtrails" doesn't involve endorsing policies that curtail or destroy liberty. IOW: I prefer "9/11 truthers" over "common sense" gun-grabbers, and "chemtrail" believers over "climate change" alarmists.

(I have no idea what RFK Jr.'s positions on gun control and "climate change" are, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he is awful on those issues - but even if so, that still doesn't have anything to do with whatever he thinks about 9/11 or "chemtrails" or whatnot.)

Biden will set new records for votes even if e is dead, primary and otherwise .
    Do something Danke

TUCKER CARLSON-4/19/23-ROBERT F KENNEDY JR (D) I 2024 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast